Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:41:15 am

Author Topic: UNSW or USYD Psychology?  (Read 4918 times)

maverick316

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
UNSW or USYD Psychology?
« on: January 28, 2022, 05:26:53 pm »
Hi all, I am planning to do Psychology at uni and achieved an ATAR of 90.85. I am torn between choosing a B Science (Psychology)/Advanced Studies in Medical Science at USYD and a B Psychological Science at UNSW. I plan to transfer into Psychology (Honours) in the future and use this as a pre-med for post-graduate medicine. I heard that UNSW is better than USYD for Psych based on rankings, but I also hear that their degree doesn't provide as much employment opportunities except for research after completing 4 years and you only can register as a psychologist after 6 years, whereas in USYD you can already work in provisional psychology by the 4 years and become a clinical psychologist by 5th year. I also hear there are more internship opportunities at USYD and the cohort is more tight-knit in USYD whilst UNSW has a more disjointed cohort, hence I am leaning towards USYD more.

Is this true? and what are the pros and cons for UNSW and USYD Psych in terms of the quality of education, employment reputation, internships and study environment?

Thank you, any replies would be much appreciated!!