Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:31:50 pm

Author Topic: Is it too late to take VCE Vietnamese if I haven’t done it prior  (Read 1657 times)  Share 

bell26

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hi everyone!

I’m currently in Year 10 and might be moving schools for next year. The school I might go to don’t offer Japanese which is what i’m currently doing so i decided to look on VSL for out of school courses. I stumbled on Vietnamese and I’m wondering if it’s too late to do it as a VCE subject.

I have a background in Vietnamese (my mother speaks it to me) but I can’t really speak it well. Making me fluent at listening i guess? anyways I’m wondering on whether I should take it as an out of school VCE subject if i have no prior knowledge writing wise or just go with what I originally wanted which was Japanese. I still have time so if i start studying Vietnamese in my own time with help from family could I make up for years 7-10?

TLDR: is it too late to take vce vietnamese if i haven’ done it prior but understand the language to a good extent?

also i’ve just joined this forum so i’m not too sure on formatting

beep boop

• Trendsetter
  • studying, what is that?
  • Respect: +45
+1
Hi bell26!

Yes you might need to catch up on a bit but doing well in viet is definitely achievable. I know someone who did viet after quitting in yr 6 and then picking it back up again in yr 11.

Just remember to practice a lot by listening to songs (plenty of genres) , reading (you don't have to understand everything) or even watching paris by night.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them.

Hope this helps,
beep boop
class of '22
'21: viet sl [36], bio
'22: psych, methods, spesh, chem, eng lang
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever
yr 12 stuff :)