Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:44:23 pm

Author Topic: What English Subject Should I Pick?  (Read 868 times)

MyDay

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What English Subject Should I Pick?
« on: July 20, 2022, 05:35:12 pm »
Hi there,

I'm a year 9 student, and subject selection for next year is happening at my school now. I was wondering what English subject I should pick for year 10.

Currently, mainstream English and advanced English is offered at my school.

As you can tell from the name, mainstream English is well, mainstream, and advanced English has a strict 'internal selection process' if we were to take the subject next year. The subject requires more in-depth analysis and critical thinking skills.

My average in English is 83% for this year, and I don't really enjoy English that much now. I would say that I'm more inclined towards maths and science.

But I'm willing to take Advanced English if that means that I can build up a better foundation for the subject, and I can prepare for VCE English eventually.

As I'm taking two Unit 1 and 2 subjects next year, I'm wondering if the advanced English subject will be too stressful for my studies and VCE as well.

By not taking mainstream English, will it hinder my improvement in terms of the English subject and be detrimental towards my VCE English score?

Most of my friends and classmates are planning to take Advanced English and I still don't know what English subject I should pick.

I would greatly appreciate the advice!