Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:00 pm

Author Topic: General Info Regarding Deakin  (Read 1444 times)  Share 

peteriscool

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
General Info Regarding Deakin
« on: December 14, 2009, 04:12:16 pm »
Hello, I am considering doing Commerce at Deakin Geelong and just want a general idea in regards to how the course is and about the university itself.

Anyone that goes to the Geelong campus that can comment on the university? How are the people that go there?

transgression

• de Modular, corp.
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +27
Re: General Info Regarding Deakin
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:33:40 pm »
I can't comment on the course itself but I do spend some time down at Waurn Ponds (the main Geelong campus and the place where you would be doing commerce).

The campus is big in terms of area size (it is the biggest out of all the campuses) but you'll find it easy to find your way around the place. The people there are very friendly and I definitely find it a cozy environment to study in. This is a pretty generic answer so if you have any specific questions, feel free to post more here or PM me.

Do you plan to just study there? Live on campus?
Quote from:  wah wah
FACEBOOK

peteriscool

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Re: General Info Regarding Deakin
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:03:07 am »
sorry for the late reply transgression -

I don't intend on living there, just studying there. Just want to get an idea of the environment and kind of people. Truth be told I wasn't intending to go to Deakin and was hoping for Melbourne/Monash but anyway... we'll see how things turn out.