Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:06:39 pm

Author Topic: LSAT  (Read 4852 times)  Share 

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
Re: LSAT
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 10:26:42 pm »
Hmm...

I know that before the Melbourne Model, the UoM LLB was seen as slightly more prestigious than the Monash one. I'm actually not sure about arts degrees, though I think if you really want to go into postgraduate research, a very good option would be the PhB at ANU, if you're willing to go interstate. (http://arts.anu.edu.au/programs/ug/phb/index.asp)

And I don't blame you about the campus stuff, Monash is very ugly :( it's somewhat demoralising to see the lovely communist-era prison that is the Menzies building blocking out all the sunlight first thing every morning...

monash, ugly?
even been to la trobe?

i've been to both and...
monash isn't the most beautiful campus :P
compared to melbourne which is amazing looking haha.

true, uom easily has the best looking campus
i have been in a few of the lecture theatures at uom tho and they wern't that nice tbh
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 10:37:46 pm »
^ really? the ones i went into where very nice haha.
but im sure the older lecture theatres wont be that nicest but meh.

well the colleges at melbourne are incredible as jejak said.. queens college and olmond college are castles- fantastic!
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 11:44:18 pm »
Ahaha, I have a friend staying at Mannix. It's a really nice place. Plus they have Harry Potter dinners every fortnight (everyone has to wear their ceremonial robes to dinner) :P
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2010, 12:34:24 am »
Ahaha, I have a friend staying at Mannix. It's a really nice place. Plus they have Harry Potter dinners every fortnight (everyone has to wear their ceremonial robes to dinner) :P

haha. how fun..
do you live on campus at monash ninwa?

are the on campus accommodation not like the colleges at UoM ?
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2010, 10:04:07 am »
With the LSAT, I'm considering doing a JD so I've researched it a little (although I've never taken it!). The only practise tests worth doing are found for free on the LSAT website. I think there are a lot of US companies out there to scare students into thinking that they need to take a prep course.

Also, I've heard that your LSAT score doesn't have to be *that* high for UoM entry (I'm not really sure what that means though) compared to the required scores of US universities of similar prestige.

They did a review of PhB last year and one of the suggestions that came out of it was that students should have the option of doing PhB/LLB (the most pretentious degree ever!) but it wasn't implemented. Plus, if PhB students were to successfully complete their degree they would probably get into a JD afterwards fairly easily anyway.