Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 04:15:24 am

Author Topic: Teacher accused of hitting student with bible  (Read 4647 times)  Share 

bubble sunglasses

Teacher accused of hitting student with bible
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 11:17:30 pm »
Quote from: "tankia"
Whatta load a shit. Even if he was bashed with the bible, he can think of it as a sign from god.

ROFL   are you joking?

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2007, 11:21:16 pm »
Quote from: "bubble sunglasses"
Whatta load a shit. Even if he was bashed with the bible, he can think of it as a sign from god.

ROFL   are you joking?

Yeah, WTF? I hope so.

rustic_metal

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 11:25:30 pm »
"My son can be challenging but he?s not rude and there?s no excuse for manhandling him."

well this reeks of violent asshole.

EDIT: a guy at my old school threw a double desk at someone in religion. the guy got a concussion and later expelled.  :D

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 11:37:04 pm »
Quote from: "coblin"

That sounds fundamentalist to me. Are we protecting the child's rights, or are we protecting the right for teachers to corporally punish kids?

The fundamenalists would probably take issue about the fact that the weapon was a bible. And that made it a more readable news story; the Age Diary  writers might have poked fun at it had it happened in Victoria. But as far as taking disciplinary measures go the fact that the a Bible features has zilch relevance.

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 11:37:29 pm »

That sounds fundamentalist to me. Are we protecting the child's rights, or are we protecting the right for teachers to corporally punish kids?

The fundamenalists would probably take issue about the fact that the weapon was a bible. And that made it a more readable news story; the Age Diary  writers might have poked fun at it had it happened in Victoria. But as far as taking disciplinary measures go the fact that the a Bible features has zilch relevance.

Odette

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2007, 07:15:43 am »
What was that teacher trying to do, give the student some sort of "religious awakening" ? Or were they just trying to cleanse the student's conscience/soul?

Oh how I hate it when teachers hit students, if you can't control yourself, don't become a teacher!!!

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2007, 02:43:51 pm »
Quote from: "bubble sunglasses"

ROFL   are you joking?

Yeah, WTF? I hope so.

>_>; Sarcasm, actually
tankAsaurus ;D