Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 06:01:26 pm

Author Topic: yr 10 kid allowed to take smokos at school  (Read 5979 times)  Share 

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
yr 10 kid allowed to take smokos at school
« on: November 04, 2007, 09:46:57 pm »
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22698356-661,00.html

yeh so i thought id take a leaf from brendans book and post a link haha

anyway. this is ridiculous right? what the hell is the doctor thinking! and look at the mum hahahaah. and how could the school let her do that? surely it sends a pretty horrible messages to the rest of the students

anyway what are your thoughts on that? i dont get why they would let her do that, rather than give her counselling or something.. or be like fuck off. lol. i doubt shes gona make it through life if she cant last a few hours without a cigarette! its not that hard god, how is she going to make it through yr 11/12?

it reminds of when i was in france, and everyone smokes there out the front of the school during every break and lunch time etc. so bizarre

eta; to change vce to yr 11/12. its fairly obvious she isnt going to make it to vce. vcal maybe (well the canberra equivalent) :D

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:48:46 pm »
I haven't looked at the link but i saw it in the paper this morn and the pic was hilarious haha what bogans. Yeah I hate smokers  :evil:

edit. ha yeah you can tell her mum doesn't smoke or anything. You'd think she'd learn that she doesn't want to end up looking like that. Smoking makes you ugly peeple

SilverBullet

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:49:39 pm »
Yeah i read this this morning. If she has an addiction can't she just use the patches? It's disgusting the school are letting her smoke. They should be offering or counselling or something instead.
"And I made that connection between hard work and results, performance. I kept pushing myself seeing how far I could improve myself, and knew if I worked hard I would improve." Nathan Buckley

To sort out the confusion: I'm a girl!

Defiler

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 09:56:47 pm »
Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 10:01:19 pm »
The school are probably scared, she's probably some pyscho and so they want her to be 'calm'

brendan

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 10:01:25 pm »
oh i remember that one guy at my school was allowed to chew gum in class because it was Nicorette .

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 10:26:09 pm »
Quote from: "goosefraba"
I haven't looked at the link but i saw it in the paper this morn and the pic was hilarious haha what bogans. Yeah I hate smokers  :evil:

edit. ha yeah you can tell her mum doesn't smoke or anything. You'd think she'd learn that she doesn't want to end up looking like that. Smoking makes you ugly peeple

Tell that to my boyfriend ~~
tankAsaurus ;D

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:27:51 pm »
Fuck that. What next "Guy allowed to smoke weed at school due to medical reasons"

whatever.
tankAsaurus ;D

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 10:42:45 pm »
Sounds okay to me. I mean, as long as it's in a well-ventilated area, and the school approves of it. Why should we stick our noses into a private matter?

When we try to substitute individual responsibility with government care, we only turn a personal mishap into a national tragedy.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 10:46:12 pm »
Quote from: "coblin"
Sounds okay to me. I mean, as long as it's in a well-ventilated area, and the school approves of it. Why should we stick our noses into a private matter?

When we try to substitute individual responsibility with government care, we only turn a personal mishap into a national tragedy.

But if one student can do it, do you think all students should be allowed to?

tankia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 10:47:47 pm »

Exactly. My teachers have always said, don't eat in class unless everyone is allowed to. Or you bring enough for everyone >_>;

Wait, is that even related?
tankAsaurus ;D

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2007, 10:52:28 pm »
hahahah look im all for personal freedoms, i used to smoke so its not even that im looking down on her for that (ok but yeh i totally am. a pack a day is gross. and shes gross, as is her mother, so that totally just makes it ew. her mother is supposed to be 35! she looks about 65!), its just that you have to admit its fairly bizarre for a school to agree to that!! and its also a bit of a distraction! her running out of class early or coming to class late jsut cos of her desperate need for a ciggie :? i dont get how the school could allow that.

and surely they're setting themselves up for some kind of lawsuit too? by other kids later on saying it was the smoking environment that let them get cancer through passive smoking. or the girl herself, saying they caused her cancer by encouraging her habit?

plus it we just accept it and let her fail in life, that effects us too.

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2007, 10:52:43 pm »

She is clinically addicted to it. She has a reason for it, and the school has agreed. It is up to the school to decide how they respond to future requests. They may have opened a can of worms for themselves, but I just think it's slightly pretentious to read about the situation and say whether it's wrong or not. If both parties involved have agreed, I don't see the problem. It doesn't affect us.

rustic_metal

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2007, 10:53:58 pm »
i think ill shoot some black tar in literature on wednesday...

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2007, 10:54:03 pm »
Quote from: "tankia"

Exactly. My teachers have always said, don't eat in class unless everyone is allowed to. Or you bring enough for everyone >_>;

Wait, is that even related?

so.. its ok to smoke weed in class as long as you bring enough to get everyone fucked? :P haha i dont think that applies itself so well here!