Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 04:57:34 am

Author Topic: afc1000 exam  (Read 18922 times)  Share 

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
Re: afc1000 exam
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 09:23:34 pm »
big fat f..king F for me :(

Okay,

1) Monash gives Ns, not Fs.
2) You're not F for Fked... I don't know a lot about you, but I know enough to be sure of that.
3) If anyone's F for Fked, it's me :)

Guess who's had next to no sleep?
Venture further, and guess who also accepted a friend's offering of V energy drink.
Guess who also gets ridiculously affected by caffeine, given the fact that she rarely even drinks soft drink?

Never in my life have I drunk a full cup of coffee, and I can still count the total number of energy drinks I've ever drunk on one hand.

Pro: I didn't fall asleep.
Con: So fking jittery my hands were shaking and I couldn't calm myself to think properly.

Also... probably should have studied... in my defence, I really haven't been well all semester... made it kind of hard.

Exam was do-able... I just sucked... hopefully my good results throughout semester will balance out with my very shit exam performance for a D... I don't like Cs... I only have one on my transcript and I would like for it to stay that way.

Anywayz... back to my point... I've never met anyone who got 100% for *any* commerce subject... don't fret over a couple of marks... it was bound to happen.

unfortunately for me, it isn't just about a 'couple of marks' but entire questions (some worth as much as 20 marks) I couldn't do =[

I don't understand how I forget some things in an exam. I seriously just cannot think in an exam, if I don't remember it in the moment I have no chance of remembering it through the exam.

I mean I forgot what a balance sheet looked like in this exam. I wrote up at least 10 in preparation. I completely blanked on absorption costing despite focussing on costing significantly in swotvac and spending the evening before the exam intensely studying it to make sure it stuck. I completely got the returns formula wrong when I had to use that formula over a hundred times for my group assignment. I'm seriously thinking studying has an adverse effect on my exam performance....

Also my tutor's 'exam revision' class where he would supposedly go through types of questions that would appear on the exam was completely useless - nothing even remotely similar to his questions came up on the exam...

Epic wtf... no longer considering majoring in accounting considering 2nd year is suppose to be even harder....

same here, i wish it was just a few marks, for me it was like entire pages of the exam that i couldnt do
ive done great all semester and just droped it in the exam

are all uni subjects like this? cos if it is then i know not to waste my time going to future revision lectures :)
2010: Bachelor of Economics @ Monash University - Clayton
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

methodsman

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 09:34:31 pm »

Okay,

2) You're not F for Fked... I don't know a lot about you, but I know enough to be sure of that.

Venture further, and guess who also accepted a friend's offering of V energy drink.
Guess who also gets ridiculously affected by caffeine, given the fact that she rarely even drinks soft drink?

Never in my life have I drunk a full cup of coffee, and I can still count the total number of energy drinks I've ever drunk on one hand.

Con: So fking jittery my hands were shaking and I couldn't calm myself to think properly.

Also... probably should have studied... in my defence, I really haven't been well all semester... made it kind of hard.

Exam was do-able... I just sucked... hopefully my good results throughout semester will balance out with my very shit exam performance for a D... I don't like Cs... I only have one on my transcript and I would like for it to stay that way.

Anywayz... back to my point... I've never met anyone who got 100% for *any* commerce subject... don't fret over a couple of marks... it was bound to happen.

unfortunately for me, it isn't just about a 'couple of marks' but entire questions (some worth as much as 20 marks) I couldn't do =[

I don't understand how I forget some things in an exam. I seriously just cannot think in an exam, if I don't remember it in the moment I have no chance of remembering it through the exam.

I mean I forgot what a balance sheet looked like in this exam. I wrote up at least 10 in preparation. I completely blanked on absorption costing despite focussing on costing significantly in swotvac and spending the evening before the exam intensely studying it to make sure it stuck. I completely got the returns formula wrong when I had to use that formula over a hundred times for my group assignment. I'm seriously thinking studying has an adverse effect on my exam performance....

Also my tutor's 'exam revision' class where he would supposedly go through types of questions that would appear on the exam was completely useless - nothing even remotely similar to his questions came up on the exam...

Epic wtf... no longer considering majoring in accounting considering 2nd year is suppose to be even harder....

same here, i wish it was just a few marks, for me it was like entire pages of the exam that i couldnt do

are all uni subjects like this? cos if it is then i know not to waste my time going to future revision lectures :)

Same in my case. I was thinking "this exam is alot easier then the practice exams" whilst i was doing the finance Q's. But then i got owned in the B/S Q and the last one. I think most ppl started with the Q4. Thankgod i managed to remember the P/E,EPS and risk/return formulae - i know some ppl who said "wtf are those?"
Uni 2010 - 2013 : BComm(Fin.)/BBIS (IBL)

2011 S2: Industry-Based Learning

Professional Accreditation 2016 - 2017 : CPA, CFA or MBA

Akirus

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 09:40:17 pm »
I made shit up for P/E/EPS and risk/return =/

I just figured, price/earning * earning/share = price/share.

What was risk/return? Dividends in a year divided by (discount - growth)?

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 09:47:56 pm »

Okay,

maybe it's just accounting, did u do accounting in vce? maybe its just that lack of maturity that one has with a new subject, i find that although i managed to learn the afc1000 course and understand the concepts, it still didn't seem very natural, i think this is mainly due to the small period of time which i learnt the course and still didn't understand the fundamentals well enough. going into the exam i wasnt feeling like how i feel when i go to a maths exam, it felt like more of a "oh please dont let there be any hard questions i cant do" feeling rather than a "yea bring it on bitch, i can take anything thrown at me" again, for me, accounting just seemed too far fetched and doesn't suit me, that doesnt mean i dont like it, its just that its not a strong point because it hasnt been apart of me as long as maths has.
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

Interested in asset pricing, econometrics, and social choice theory.

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 10:07:01 pm »
actually i did vce accounting, but tbh it was way down there as one of my worst subjects
finance and ratios were probably the life savers for me today
Sem1: Priciples of Accounting/Finance, Principles of Microeconomics, Business Statistics, Japanese 5
Sem2: Intro to Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Principles of Macroeconomics, Japanese 6

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 10:09:30 pm »
oh well its over nothing we can do about it now, first uni exam anyway, now that we all got some experience, lets tackle micro with confidence!

btw off topic: does anyone know when is the final date which we can drop sem 2 units and change to something else?
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 10:14:24 pm »
oh well its over nothing we can do about it now, first uni exam anyway, now that we all got some experience, lets tackle micro with confidence!

btw off topic: does anyone know when is the final date which we can drop sem 2 units and change to something else?

i dont know about the final date to do that, but i just did it the other day so should still b fine

Akirus

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 10:15:05 pm »

Okay,

maybe it's just accounting, did u do accounting in vce? maybe its just that lack of maturity that one has with a new subject, i find that although i managed to learn the afc1000 course and understand the concepts, it still didn't seem very natural, i think this is mainly due to the small period of time which i learnt the course and still didn't understand the fundamentals well enough. going into the exam i wasnt feeling like how i feel when i go to a maths exam, it felt like more of a "oh please dont let there be any hard questions i cant do" feeling rather than a "yea bring it on bitch, i can take anything thrown at me" again, for me, accounting just seemed too far fetched and doesn't suit me, that doesnt mean i dont like it, its just that its not a strong point because it hasnt been apart of me as long as maths has.

Sorta agree with this. I'm pretty sure I ripped the financial accounting part; I do it in VCE and it's pretty much second-nature. The other stuff though, I had only done a few questions of each (and none of the last 3 or so chapters cuz of sick + VCE) so my grasp was very tenuous, just remembered some formulas the night before.

jerry

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 03:00:38 pm »
Done management, its the worst subject.

Don't waste your money on the management textbook.

Its extremely boring, and no-one's probably going to read any more than the chapter summary. (that's if they do read it)

You're better off borrowing it from the library in my opinion.

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 03:27:17 pm »
i did etc1000 this semester, there is no real need to get the book
i used it maybe twice all semester, they will tell u its optional to buy

however if u still wanna buy it, i have the older edition which is 95% identical to the newer edition (ive checked)

btw do u mean btc1110 (business law)? or is there some btc1000 unit ive never heard of?

IntoTheNewWorld

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hello World
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2010, 07:36:20 pm »

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2010, 07:37:40 pm »
u have to write essays in management yea? EWWWWWW
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

*ryan777*

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2010, 08:34:45 pm »
from what ive heard, its not just the essays etc that make it crap but the stuff u write on has no relevance in the real world,

just bs theory some academic thought up depsite never actually been a manager (i suspect)

IntoTheNewWorld

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hello World
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2010, 08:40:55 pm »
the academic journals

are the worst

thing

ever.

jerry

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2010, 09:19:30 pm »
i did etc1000 this semester, there is no real need to get the book
i used it maybe twice all semester, they will tell u its optional to buy

however if u still wanna buy it, i have the older edition which is 95% identical to the newer edition (ive checked)

btw do u mean btc1110 (business law)? or is there some btc1000 unit ive never heard of?
haha yes i meant btc1110 sorry
[
quote author=jerry link=topic=26811.msg274632#msg274632 date=1276318838]
Done management, its the worst subject.

Don't waste your money on the management textbook.

Its extremely boring, and no-one's probably going to read any more than the chapter summary. (that's if they do read it)

You're better off borrowing it from the library in my opinion.
lol is management REALLY shit?? is it hard or just boring?

[/quote]

yes, REALLY SHIT.

Its the boringness thing ever. Accounting or business statistics is an awesome, exciting and engaging subject compared to this crap.

Its hard because you have to fill up a 3000 word essay when there is nothing to write.

You need to reference everything you write (including common sense stuff i.e. paying people money will make people happier)!

Basically the subject is a test how well you can write crap and make it sound relevant.