Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 03:02:39 am

Author Topic: [UoM] 2010 Semester 1 Results Thread  (Read 16979 times)  Share 

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
Re: [UoM] 2010 Semester 1 Results Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2010, 04:42:06 pm »
I just got all my Results:

MAST20026 - Real Analysis with Applications , Option , Credits: 12.5 , Passed , 2010 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus Mark: 67 Grade: Third Class Honours (H3)

PHYC20009 - Thermal and Classical Physics , Option , Credits: 12.5 , Passed , 2010 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus Mark: 67 Grade: Third Class Honours (H3)

PHYC20010 - Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity , Option , Credits: 12.5 , Passed , 2010 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus Mark: 78 Grade: Second Class Hons A (H2A)

FNCE20003 - Introductory Personal Finance , Option , Credits: 12.5 , Passed , 2010 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus Mark: 58 Grade: Pass (P)

Now let's compare that to what I was expecting:

Great, so I can have a heart attack every day until the 9th of July.

This is pretty much how I feel and the results come out in less than two weeks.

What I hope to see:

- Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity H1. I really loved this subject.
- Thermal and Classical Physics P (Really difficult exam).
- Real Analysis with Applications H2(A or B). The exam was easier than expected so I'm expecting atleast a Pass.
- Introductory Personal Finance P (Really difficult exam + Minimal Study = :S). 

Well I was a tiny bit below my expectations for Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity, I was above my expectations for thermal physics, I'm content with how I went with Real Analysis and I am so happy I actually passed personal Finance (since I really neglected this subject).

Overall I'm happy. 
2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

redemption_2010

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2010, 08:19:07 pm »

MAST20026 - Real Analysis with Applications , Option , Credits: 12.5 , Passed , 2010 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus Mark: 67 Grade: Third Class Honours (H3)

PHYC20009 - Thermal and Classical Physics , Option , Credits: 12.5 , Passed , 2010 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus Mark: 67 Grade: Third Class Honours (H3)

PHYC20010 - Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity , Option , Credits: 12.5 , Passed , 2010 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus Mark: 78 Grade: Second Class Hons A (H2A)

FNCE20003 - Introductory Personal Finance , Option , Credits: 12.5 , Passed , 2010 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus Mark: 58 Grade: Pass (P)

What I hope to see:

- Real Analysis with Applications H2(A or B). The exam was easier than expected so I'm expecting atleast a Pass.

Well I was a tiny bit below my expectations for Quantum Mechanics and Special Relativity, I was above my expectations for thermal physics, I'm content with how I went with Real Analysis and I am so happy I actually passed personal Finance (since I really neglected this subject).

Overall I'm happy. 

LOL i am in the same boat as you. i was expecting H1 or H2A and got 66-67 avg for most of my subjects. feel like shit. espescially sad is the fact that i studied consistently throughout the semester too. :(

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2010, 08:27:28 pm »

What I hope to see:

Overall I'm happy. 

LOL i am in the same boat as you. i was expecting H1 or H2A and got 66-67 avg for most of my subjects. feel like shit. espescially sad is the fact that i studied consistently throughout the semester too. :(

Yeah especially when everyone is getting H1's. At this rate I may 'just' get into MSc and me getting a PhD is looking pretty slim.

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 09:18:22 am »
A lot of people do much worse in 1st semester of 1st year than the rest of their degree, don't get too upset by it!

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2010, 10:20:03 am »
Lol this is the first semester of my second year.

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2010, 10:27:54 am »
Oh right, I saw the "introductory" personal finance and just assumed from that. Sorry, heh.

Oh well, things can still get better lol

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2010, 10:57:31 am »
If I get an 82.5% average next semester I will be on an 75% average which I would love.

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2010, 11:01:54 am »
Yeah I was talking to one of the student centre people a couple of months ago and she said that a 75% average was pretty good. I should really get around to calculating mine at some point lol