Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 04:58:56 pm

Author Topic: Futher maths question  (Read 1790 times)  Share 

dxb

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Futher maths question
« on: November 06, 2007, 09:43:02 am »
Alright, im confused here.

I know I did poorly in the first exam yesterday when compaired to my friends. In terms of ranking, I'm slightly higher than they are, so when I get my studyscore, will it be higher/about the same than my friends? or will i have a lower ss than them?
stimate...
2005: VET Electrotech, Year 1
2007: English (30), Futher (30), Accounting (30), Software Devlopment (40), Systems Engineering (43)
Enter Aim: 70+

Odette

Re: Futher maths question
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:44:58 am »
Quote from: "dxb"

I know I did poorly in the first exam yesterday when compaired to my friends. In terms of ranking, I'm slightly higher than they are, so when I get my studyscore, will it be higher/about the same than my friends? or will i have a lower ss than them?

It would depend on your performance on the second exam as that makes up 44% of your study score...

But I'm not too sure about how it all works..

Seriously don't worry too much about your study score, just do your best and leave scaling and all that to the professionals lol :)

Good luck on exam 2

Mystery

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 01:35:22 pm »
Quote from: "Odette"

It would depend on your performance on the second exam as that makes up 44% of your study score...

Seriously don't worry too much about your study score, just do your best and leave scaling and all that to the professionals lol :)

Good luck on exam 2

Are you sure its 44%?? I thought they were both evenly weighted, as in 33% each... however methods is 44% for exam 2 as it is 2 hours and exam 1 is only 1 hour being worth only 22%...
I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who show a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, this is still the common denominator that separates those who live their dreams to those who live in regret.

Odette

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 01:37:32 pm »
Quote from: "Mystery"
Quote from: "Odette"

Good luck on exam 2

Are you sure its 44%?? I thought they were both evenly weighted, as in 33% each... however methods is 44% for exam 2 as it is 2 hours and exam 1 is only 1 hour being worth only 22%...

Ahh crap i've been misinformed lol its 33% :oops: just checked the vcaa site