Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:10:19 am

Author Topic: VET Allied Health?  (Read 11064 times)  Share 

iNerd

VET Allied Health?
« on: August 16, 2010, 04:59:50 pm »
VET! So lost on this guys.
1st up; Where is Allied Health on this forum and where is it on the VCAA site? It doesn't list it as a program??
2nd up; What are the negatives of doing VET cuz all i see are positives...Apparently there is no external exam for Allied Health and therefore your score is the AVERAGE of your PRIMARY four and counted as 10% so theoretically if i get 50,50,50,50 il get 5.0 which is amazing considering my worst subject will not b' a 50..but like a 35 which is only 3.5/5
So at the moment I'm looking at doing Eng, Meth, Spesh, Chem, Pysch 3/4, VET 1/2 in Year 11 and then if I like VET i'll go on to Year 12 to do Eng 3/4, Meth 3/4, Spesh 3/4, Chem 3/4, VET 3/4 and POSSIBLY BM 3/4 depending on my school policy and how hard the workload gets...
Does this make sense?
Advice and thoughts appreciated.

pi

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Doctor.
  • Respect: +2376
Re: VET Allied Health?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 04:28:22 pm »
VET! So lost on this guys.
1st up; Where is Allied Health on this forum and where is it on the VCAA site? It doesn't list it as a program??
2nd up; What are the negatives of doing VET cuz all i see are positives...Apparently there is no external exam for Allied Health and therefore your score is the AVERAGE of your PRIMARY four and counted as 10% so theoretically if i get 50,50,50,50 il get 5.0 which is amazing considering my worst subject will not b' a 50..but like a 35 which is only 3.5/5
So at the moment I'm looking at doing Eng, Meth, Spesh, Chem, Pysch 3/4, VET 1/2 in Year 11 and then if I like VET i'll go on to Year 12 to do Eng 3/4, Meth 3/4, Spesh 3/4, Chem 3/4, VET 3/4 and POSSIBLY BM 3/4 depending on my school policy and how hard the workload gets...
Does this make sense?
Advice and thoughts appreciated.

lol, looks like no-one on VN does VET

at least u get the frees...

iNerd

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 04:32:01 pm »
Pfscht this thread is old. I know what I'm doing now :P

natalie.krystal7

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
  • School: Melton Christian College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 05:03:53 pm »

Tis, but did you end up doing it? I'm in sort of the same situation, but have no idea where it stipulates how VET study credit is added to your ATAR... :s
Was a med hopeful in 2011 currently studying Science/Laws at Deakin University.

Did English, Chinese SL, Methods CAS, Biology and Chemistry + Retail Cert III in Year 12.

Feel free to ask any questions related to the above; and I AM SOOO SORRY to all the people who've inboxed me since last year for my non-responsiveness, I forgot completely about this forum for quite awhile.

For 2012 and 2013 Year 12ers, I wish yous all the best!!! :D

iNerd

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 05:18:57 pm »

Tis, but did you end up doing it? I'm in sort of the same situation, but have no idea where it stipulates how VET study credit is added to your ATAR... :s
I will do it next year, I'm enrolled.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:21:25 pm by iNerd »

natalie.krystal7

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 09:17:51 pm »
Where can I find out about VET courses which are not specifically recognised by VCAA? Such as Allied Health or Beauty in my case; about the ATAR contribution especially (is the whole average of top 4 speculation true?), but etc. as well.

My school has no clue :s Any info would be really helpful ^^

If you had the time, could you also let me know more about the Allied Health Course in general?

Thanks... :)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:22:53 pm by natalie.krystal7 »

Did English, Chinese SL, Methods CAS, Biology and Chemistry + Retail Cert III in Year 12.

Feel free to ask any questions related to the above; and I AM SOOO SORRY to all the people who've inboxed me since last year for my non-responsiveness, I forgot completely about this forum for quite awhile.

iNerd

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 09:30:40 pm »
Where can I find out about VET courses which are not specifically recognised by VCAA? Such as Allied Health or Beauty in my case; about the ATAR contribution especially (is the whole average of top 4 speculation true?), but etc. as well.

My school has no clue :s Any info would be really helpful ^^

If you had the time, could you also let me know more about the Allied Health Course in general?

Thanks... :)
It's not speculation. What I wrote is correct. If you get a 50 50 50 50 top 4 then you get 5/5 for your VET: that is, if you take a VET that doesn't have an exam. I haven't even started the course, yet alone paid for it, I'm going in this blind. As for where I find out...the 2011 VET Handbook which can be found here...Oh and its way too late to register for VET now...you missed the Orientation Evening etc.

natalie.krystal7

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 07:46:39 pm »
Where can I find a list of doable VET certs besides VCAA? They don't include block credit recognition studies such as Allied Health and beauty. Thanks btw

iNerd

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 07:48:14 pm »
Where can I find a list of doable VET certs besides VCAA? They don't include block credit recognition studies such as Allied Health and beauty. Thanks btw
Um, did you check the link I posted up there? The 2011 handbook sure does have Allied Health....

Newkid

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »
Thanks in advance
Can anyone tell me whether VCAA count VET 3/4 as 5th and 6th subjects.