Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:48:02 am

Author Topic: Difference between UoM and Monash  (Read 1266 times)  Share 

sajib_mostofa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Difference between UoM and Monash
« on: September 11, 2010, 12:35:42 am »
Hey guys

Can anyone explain whats the difference between doing engineering degree at Monash for four years compared doing the Master of Engineering through the Melb model? From my understanding, I feel that that doing any of the new generational degrees at UoM with the ultimate intention of doing the Master of Engineering may make your engineering degree a bit light.

Kopite

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: Difference between UoM and Monash
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:26:14 am »
im doing b.comm + m.chem.e @ uom.

i do the same amount of subjects as a normal b.comm/b.eng dude @ monash in regards to commerce ones and engineering ones if that makes sense.

IntoTheNewWorld

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hello World
  • Respect: +20
Re: Difference between UoM and Monash
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 02:25:19 pm »
Hey guys

Can anyone explain whats the difference between doing engineering degree at Monash for four years compared doing the Master of Engineering through the Melb model? From my understanding, I feel that that doing any of the new generational degrees at UoM with the ultimate intention of doing the Master of Engineering may make your engineering degree a bit light.

Well, you have to take into account that there is an extra year with UoM. One extra year is eight whole subjects, which fills the gaps comfortably. You also do quite a few Eng subjects during undergraduate as well. You can only do M.Eng from B.Sci/B.Comm/B.Env/B.Biomed though I think, and B.Sci has the most options in terms of streams.