Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:57:49 pm

Author Topic: solutions to the cas 06 sample exam?  (Read 2040 times)  Share 

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
solutions to the cas 06 sample exam?
« on: November 06, 2007, 05:40:58 pm »
does anyone have or know if there are solutions to the cas 06 sample exam thats on the vcaa website? cos its a sample exam there doesnt seem to be an assesors report.. and i cant find solutions anywhere. does anyone know if they are up on the web anywhere else or has anyones teachers provided a set of solutions or anything like that?

i just did the exam, and now i realise there are no solutions! and im not planing to go into school bfore the exam, so i cant go through it with my teacher. gaaaaaar would REALLY appreciate your help!

eta; GAR what are the chances haha, i just found the solutions on itute, disregard this post, here they are for anyone else thats interested!

http://www.itute.com/mathline/mm_vcaa_34_sample_exam_1_sol.pdf

costargh

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 06:09:14 pm »
Aw wow I must have missed that exam. Im gonna print it off. How'd you go?

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:51:54 pm »
yeh, shit haha. i suck at methods though. but im trying to pull my no effort all year up to something that'll get me 30.

i got 25/40. have you done it yet?

i got 28/40 on last years exam haha so i guess im improving. kinda :? hahaha. if i knowwhat to do for the question, im set. its just that half i sitting there going oh dear god, i do NOT remember ever seeing this before haha

i get all the probability q's on exam 1 right. and all the integration, area stuff. i can do some of the differentiation. i didnt know what i normal was, so i worked it out as thought it was a tangent to the curve. i wonder how many out of 4 i wouldve got for that, seeing as all the working would have been right if it was a tangent to the curve haha.

i cant ANY of the trig stuff. i fucking suck at trig. except for like state the period and amplitude haha.

how do i teach myself trig?? i dont even know how to get the coordinates of end points and intercepts when i graph them.. is this becaue of my compelte lack of knowledge of exact values and how to solve trig equations and shit? how do i teach myself this in an hour or so! i cant afford to spend much more time on methods when i need to do eco.

costargh

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 08:46:14 pm »
I did horribly. 12/40
I really need to sit down with my teacher ( Im still @ school due to year 11ness) and see why i cant do anything!
anything with log e i stuff up.  anythign with cos or sin i stuff up (except the graph and amp and period
rates of change i suck
prob i ace (lol @ tree diagram)

So hopeless right now...

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 08:49:47 pm »
yeh i left that entire rates of change conical flask question blank cos i didnt have a clue lol

costargh

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 09:02:39 pm »
lol i just write dv/dt = dr/dt . dt/dv

lol just random stuff and hope that that give me a mark LOl

=( im so sad. i got 12/40 and then the trial i did b4 that ( 2007 insight exam 2) i got 43/80 =(
grr @ exam 1's!