Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:52:58 pm

Poll

Which university is better at Commerce?

University of Melbourne
32 (68.1%)
Monash University
15 (31.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Commerce: Monash vs UoM  (Read 12640 times)  Share 

cara.mel

:( I don't wanna make a decision based on people's hype.

Also give this board a 24 hour time frame at least for advice. Most of the actual BCom people probably haven't even seen this yet.
But yeah, there are many spammers (incl myself) on this thread clogging it :P

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5

Why not contact both Universities, ask them why you should attend their University.. see which one is more convincing LOL :D
I contacted Monash through email, to get some clarification, but they haven't replied yet. I have to read up on Melbourne so that I can actually ask them questions (only question I've asked them so far is if I could get in, and the lady basically said: maybe).

caramel: ok. I've got a couple of days until anything's final, anyway.

Odette.

Why not contact both Universities, ask them why you should attend their University.. see which one is more convincing LOL :D
I contacted Monash through email, to get some clarification, but they haven't replied yet. I have to read up on Melbourne so that I can actually ask them questions (only question I've asked them so far is if I could get in, and the lady basically said: maybe).

Hmm you might want to look at which subjects each of them offer, and look at which ones you actually want to do, and look at job prospects...

clinton_09

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
I like Melbourne beacuse it looks so nice :)

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
I think it depends what you want to do! If you want to be an actuary, for instance, then Melbourne for sure. But I think Monash offers subjects that Melbourne doesn't as well. For the subjects both unis offer though, I'd say probably Melbourne.

brendan

Melb

ReVeL

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
I'd say Melbourne, just because I feel it's generally a more recognised course and I think their graduates earn something like 5k more than average once they leave (don't quote me on that).

However I'll most likely end up at Monash, which I also really like. They're both great courses!
||  2008 VCE Graduate  ||  BCom @ UoM [Accounting & Finance Majors] - Completing 3rd year  ||

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
University of Melbourne, definitely.

It has plenty of connections with corporations, offers many more student communities (such as the FMAA) which Monash doesn't offer. Also, in numerous surveys, UoM salaries are far greater than the average.

It's also much older and thus is more prestigious.

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

RD

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +2
University of Melbourne
surprise surprise

gta007

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • University of Melbourne Student
  • Respect: +6

It has plenty of connections with corporations, offers many more student communities (such as the FMAA) which Monash doesn't offer. Also, in numerous surveys, UoM salaries are far greater than the average.

Thanks. I knew your opinion would be worth waiting for. :)

Now, how I do see the results of the poll without actually voting myself?
2008 ENTER = 97.90

BCom @ UoM - I love you Melbourne!

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16

Thanks. I knew your opinion would be worth waiting for. :)

Now, how I do see the results of the poll without actually voting myself?

I edited the poll, and now you can view Results. :)

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

gta007

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • University of Melbourne Student
  • Respect: +6
I edited the poll, and now you can view Results. :)

Cheers mate, I'm actually quite surprised by the result. Never the less I've got a few more days to think about it. Thank you all. :)
2008 ENTER = 97.90

BCom @ UoM - I love you Melbourne!

champorado

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • f yeh.
  • Respect: +5

Hmm you might want to look at which subjects each of them offer, and look at which ones you actually want to do, and look at job prospects...
Doing that now (finally got some sleep!). They make you do economics at Melbourne. That's a plus for me, haha.

I'd say Melbourne, just because I feel it's generally a more recognised course and I think their graduates earn something like 5k more than average once they leave (don't quote me on that).

However I'll most likely end up at Monash, which I also really like. They're both great courses!
Ooo, are you going to do straight commerce, or are you going to do a double degree (your enter's high enough)? I'll probably see you there.

Noblesse

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +10
Uni Melbourne :)

Reason?
I'm going :P

xox.happy1.xox

Lolz, I guess we can't do this properly because everyone forms biases... We need a Vic Uni student... Odette? :D