Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:31 pm

Author Topic: RMIT - Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)  (Read 1961 times)  Share 

aw123

RMIT - Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)
« on: December 17, 2010, 04:55:45 pm »
Any general opinions from those who have completed the course or are currently completing it?

I am not entirely sure if journalism is the path I would like to take and would love to hear some firsthand opinions (:

Thank you!

kendraaaaa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
Re: RMIT - Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 05:01:44 pm »
If you're not sure about Journalism, you could do Arts at Monash Caulfield and do it there. If you like it - major in it. If you don't - drop it.

saaaaaam

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 07:13:44 pm »
I've been hearing that the jobs in journalism are drying up. Thoughts?
The dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.

Eriny

• The lamp of enlightenment
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +100
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 08:16:40 pm »
Journalism is definitely changing. There is a real push for online content which means that unless the website in question has a lot of web traffic, there is less money to be made than in print media. Many journalists are forced to work for free or for very little for a little while as a result of the competitiveness. That doesn't mean that there aren't jobs, but it is probably a good idea to work on your adaptability.

Ghost!

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Year 12, What up.
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 06:49:24 pm »
Shame there hasn't been more of a response to this thread, this is one of two courses I'm incredibly interested in.
2011 - English, English Language, Philosophy, Indonesian SL, Outdoor and Environmental Studies.

“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
― Hunter S. Thompson