Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 08:09:57 am

Author Topic: Forensic Accounting  (Read 1324 times)  Share 

Hodgeyhodgey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +35
  • School: Sebastopol Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Forensic Accounting
« on: February 06, 2011, 03:26:56 pm »
I know it's wayyyyy to early in the year to be worrying about preferences and such, but I just can't get it off my mind.

I would love to do forensic accounting when I'm older (accounting for court cases e.g. fraud, divorce, etc) and I was wondering which course/uni would be best to pursue this career.

I was thinking a normal bachelor of commerce or accounting would suffice and after completion maybe do honours and CA or CPA and then just apply for a job. On the other hand, I was thinking maybe a bachelor of commerce and law would make more sense...

Which would I be better off doing?

Also, I need to know which uni(s) I should be looking at applying for later on in the year. It's quite a disadvantage, but I'm not doing methods this year, as I suck at it and it clashes at school with my accounting class. And as UoM and Monash require 25< in methods for commerce, I can't exactly go there. Would a transfer be viable at midyear or after the first year? Or would I still be required to have that prerequisite of methods? If it's not allowed, which uni should I be looking at, Latrobe, Deakin, etc.

So basically what I'm asking is, which course (commerce or commerce/law) and which uni if it's not possible to transfer to UoM/Monash?

Thanks,
Hodgey
2010/11: Further Math|Accounting|BusMan|Englang|Economics|Physics [90.65]
2012-2014: Commerce @ Deakin

Duck

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: Forensic Accounting
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:15:08 am »
I believe monash has a bridging course for people who didn't do methods. If not I think rmit has a good name in accounting.

Hodgeyhodgey

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +35
  • School: Sebastopol Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Re: Forensic Accounting
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:43:57 am »
Would the bridging course put me behind the rest? If so, how far behind?
2010/11: Further Math|Accounting|BusMan|Englang|Economics|Physics [90.65]
2012-2014: Commerce @ Deakin