Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:32:34 am

Author Topic: Exam summaries and other resources  (Read 84710 times)  Share 

lynt.br

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +50
Exam summaries and other resources
« on: February 27, 2011, 11:55:24 pm »
+5
I have uploaded some of the exam notes I used throughout my law degree.

These notes were prepared for personal use and are generally high-level summaries of each subject for exam purposes. You should not rely on them as accurate or current statements of the law, and the content for some notes may be outdated. I prepared these notes as part of the Monash undergraduate LLB course so the content may not reflect the syllabuses at other universities. These notes are no substitute for learning the course yourself.

It should go without saying but no part of these notes should be plagiarised as part of any university assessment. I have provided them purely so that they may help others with their own studies and exam preparations.

Unfortunately I do not have notes for Contract A, Contract B, Property A and Equity as these subjects had closed-book exams when I studied them. Also be aware my administrative law notes make reference to specific legislation we were provided for the purpose of that semester's exam.

Others are free to share their own exam resources although I take no responsibility for what is posted. Please do *not* post any university assignments/answers.

Due to size restrictions in uploading files on these forums, I have uploaded my notes here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 06:05:03 pm by lynt.br »

sam.utute

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Connecturer.
  • Respect: +46
Re: Some random assorted law notes for monash first years
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:18:46 pm »
One more for contracts

I may also put up some of my prac exam answers or assignments later on if people are interested...
You are legen - WAIT FOR IT - DARY!

Streaker

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:03:28 pm »
Thanks for the notes :)

How did you end up going in contracts and ILR, lynt.br?

year12

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 05:30:07 pm »
Thanks for the notes and the tips!

hespiria

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 10:46:02 pm »
I'm kind of a new member. But can I just say lynt.br your court report sample in particular has been extremely useful in trying to figure out the haze that is Monash Law.

Seriously, my undying gratitude.

Hellhole

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 09:36:00 am »
Here is my contract A assignment after some slight editing to remove student ID and other stuff. I think it got 17/20 or something like that. Learn from my mistake and actually put footnote citations in (I didn't realise we had to put footnote citations in, that was the bulk of my lost marks).

Also I made a slight error when talking about intention to enter into contractual obligations. I talk about presumptions of intention relating to contracts formed in social and commercial contexts. This has been overruled. I think the latest case is called Ermogenous or something like that.... the one involving the priest. It is now incorrect to say there is a presumption of no intention to form legal relations in contracts formed in a domestic setting. It is more accurate to say there is no presumption of intention (confusing I know, don't worry about it now).

You didn't have to use the AGLC for that assignment? Weird.

I'm not quite sure about the second part. They've effectively scrapped the presumption of intention in domestic agreements? I think for that particular case, it was decided that the presumption was not to be used because of the nature of the claim. Justice Kirby: "There is therefore no presumption that contracts between ministers and their religious bodies are not, as such, intended to give rise to legal relations, at least in economic and proprietary matters, as here." Gaudron, Mchugh, Hayne and Callinan JJ also doubted the utility of such a presumption in a joint judgement - but does it create precedent that no presumption should be used in domestic agreements, or just those that apply to "spiritual" bodies? From my understanding, it follows that they found that the onus of proof of whether intention existed in domestic agreements relies on the claimant, now extending to include that which includes the ‘the engagement of a minister of religion.'

(My assignment relates to Mistake and Misrepresentation, I just want to clarify facts). (:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:20:05 am by Hellhole »

sam.utute

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Connecturer.
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 07:04:54 pm »
Could someone post up the Contract B reading guide. I just wanted to have a quick look at it.
EDIT: Never mind. I found it :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:55:11 pm by sam.utute »

mc.blackbox

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 05:37:45 pm »
Hi can you repost the note.
Is it still there or I just cannot see?

mc.blackbox

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 03:16:28 pm »
Deeply appreciated lynt.br
I will make the most out of these notes

sam.utute

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Connecturer.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 12:04:09 am »
I'm thinking of doing Torts A over the summer. Is it particularly difficult (would I be able to cope)?
Would it be worth it?

Just curious. :)

sam.utute

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Connecturer.
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 11:13:15 pm »
Cheers mate.

They are offering it this semester, so I thought it might be good to knock-off an extra unit. Torts is the only non-second year unit.

http://www.law.monash.edu.au/current-students/course-unit-information/timetables/summer-semester.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:08:39 pm by shansthename »

mc.blackbox

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 11:17:03 am »
I am doing crim and contract this sem. Any advice on choosing the tuts and lecturers?
TIA

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2012, 06:29:37 pm »
Nicki Mollard if she's taking crim

If he's taking contracts, get Kwame's notes because they are bloody brilliant, but he's a terrible lecturer so choose another stream
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

mc.blackbox

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 04:14:54 pm »
Thanks for the info.
But this time those who teach contract are Emmanuel Laryea, Paul Brenner, and Sirko Harder.
While Kathy Laster, Stephen Gray, Bronwyn Naylor and Heli Askola are teaching Crim.

Any thoughts on those lecturers?
And is it possible to get Kwame note if he is not teaching this term?

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 04:55:24 pm »
Have heard good things about Laryea and Gray (both have been chief examiners in the past).
Bronwyn Naylor wrote one of my textbooks (cannot remember if it was a contracts textbook though) so she's probably competent.
Have not heard of any of the others

I think I might still have Kwame's notes somewhere but I don't know if they're still relevant to the course
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]