Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 11:58:26 pm

Author Topic: [UoM] 2011 Semester 1 Results Thread  (Read 33736 times)  Share 

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
Re: [UoM] 2011 Semester 1 Results Thread
« Reply #165 on: July 02, 2011, 02:53:25 pm »
57 for electrodynamics.

Pretty crap results this semester. Sigh...
2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
« Reply #166 on: July 02, 2011, 04:03:18 pm »
Does anyone know if you can enrol into a subject you have failed for semester 2  :-[
Or do you have to wait for your student centre to contact you (it was a compulsory subject, fml)
I was hoping I could finalise my timetable so its not all over the place, thanks.

Was it a core subject?  If it is, it might involve more than just a simple re-enrolment.

Yeah, it was

I don't want to scare you but there might be a problem with regards to Unsatisfactory Progress.

http://union.unimelb.edu.au/advocacy/progress-committee

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

mikee65

« Reply #167 on: July 02, 2011, 05:38:33 pm »
PHYC10005 - Physics 1: Fundamentals , Passed , 2011 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus , Semester 1 Mark: 85 Grade: First Class Honours (H1)

Yeah well okay.

89% average is more than my Arts averages (86) which is slightly comforting because it means I didn't totally fail at life when I switched courses, but still slightly disconcerting because if I had just managed a little higher in Chemistry then I could have had a 90 average and I like things that start with 9.
And here I was liking my 8...

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
« Reply #168 on: July 02, 2011, 06:46:08 pm »
Does anyone know if you can enrol into a subject you have failed for semester 2  :-[
Or do you have to wait for your student centre to contact you (it was a compulsory subject, fml)
I was hoping I could finalise my timetable so its not all over the place, thanks.

Was it a core subject?  If it is, it might involve more than just a simple re-enrolment.

Yeah, it was

I don't want to scare you but there might be a problem with regards to Unsatisfactory Progress.

Yeah the unsatisfactory progress thing is scary. I think that's why you can't repeat a subject you pass because they kind of want you in and out as quickly as possible.
2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

Elnino_Gerrard

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2011, 09:06:33 pm »
Quantum, if you dont mind me asking what exactly is mathematical physics degree ie what does it lead to??. What masters course could you do after that?. Also workload?
2010 VCE ATAR : 98.35

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2011, 10:45:11 pm »
PHYC10005 - Physics 1: Fundamentals , Passed , 2011 , Semester 1 , Parkville , On Campus , Semester 1 Mark: 85 Grade: First Class Honours (H1)

Yeah well okay.

89% average is more than my Arts averages (86) which is slightly comforting because it means I didn't totally fail at life when I switched courses, but still slightly disconcerting because if I had just managed a little higher in Chemistry then I could have had a 90 average and I like things that start with 9.

Lol is that meant to not be 8%? :P
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

stonecold

• Victorian
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2011, 12:11:36 am »

Yeah well okay.

80 something???  :p
2011-13: BBiomed (Microbiology & Immunology Major) @ UniMelb

VCE 2009'10: English 46 | English Language 49 | Chemistry 50 | Biology 50 | Further Mathematics 48 | Mathematical Methods CAS 39
ATAR: 99.85

"Failure is not when one falls down but rather when one fails to get up" - unknown

mikee65

« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2011, 12:15:57 pm »

Yeah well okay.

80 something???  :p
yeah,

seems unfair that its worth as much as whatever ridiculous score you got stone :P grade wise that it
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:18:49 pm by mikee65 »

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #173 on: July 03, 2011, 01:10:52 pm »

Yeah, it was

Yeah the unsatisfactory progress thing is scary. I think that's why you can't repeat a subject you pass because they kind of want you in and out as quickly as possible.

It's even more scary when you've:

1.  Already failed a subject.
2.  Passed two.
3.  Waiting for the last one.
4.  You think you failed the one you're waiting on.

Not looking in the mirror or anything.....  Oh god it's killing me.

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

rustic_metal

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #174 on: July 03, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »
All you do at an unsatisfactory progress meeting is promise to study harder. They pretty much just stick a councillor in a room and say 'are you sure university is the right place for you?' Join the union, too: you can get representation.

mark_alec

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #175 on: July 03, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »
Quantum, if you dont mind me asking what exactly is mathematical physics degree ie what does it lead to??. What masters course could you do after that?. Also workload?
At the undergrad level it is just a mix of maths and theoretical physics subjects - no labs. It will have the same workload as a major in maths or a major in physics.

It can lead to an MSc in physics, or depending on your subject selection, also in pure or applied maths.

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #176 on: July 04, 2011, 12:55:52 am »
All you do at an unsatisfactory progress meeting is promise to study harder. They pretty much just stick a councillor in a room and say 'are you sure university is the right place for you?' Join the union, too: you can get representation.

I knew the $89* spent last year during Members' Week was well spent.

*$90 if you include the yearly subscription to The Age.

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #177 on: July 04, 2011, 11:14:34 am »

I think it was $99 ;D
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #178 on: July 04, 2011, 11:23:00 am »

I think it was $99 ;D

It was $89 during Members' Week last year, if you were already a current member in 2010.  ;D

Edmund

• Dr. Ruler Snapper
  • Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #179 on: July 04, 2011, 11:26:41 am »

I think it was $99 ;D

It was $89 during Members' Week last year, if you were already a current member in 2010.  ;D
That's not fair :(
2007-2008 VCE ATAR 90.15
2009-2011 BSc (Unimelb)
2012-2015 DDS (Unimelb)

Booksale: Drugs That Shape Society, Forests in a Global Context