Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:46:45 am

Author Topic: [UoM] 2011 Semester 1 Results Thread  (Read 33653 times)  Share 

QuantumJG

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Applied Mathematics Student at UoM
Re: [UoM] 2011 Semester 1 Results Thread
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2011, 11:58:58 pm »
Still no results here. Having said that, I'm still waiting for my poster mark for quantum to be released and my assignment 2 marks to be released for algebra and quantum.

I got all of my results yesterday and I had my last exam on Friday. :)

Are you in masters now? That could be why you have your results now.
2008: Finished VCE

2009 - 2011: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Physics)

2012 - 2014: Master of Science (Applied Mathematics/Mathematical Physics)

2016 - 2018: Master of Engineering (Civil)

Semester 1:[/b] Engineering Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Risk Analysis, Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering

Semester 2:[/b] Earth Processes for Engineering, Engineering Materials, Structural Theory and Design, Systems Modelling and Design

stonecold

• Victorian
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • School Grad Year: 2010
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 12:13:26 am »
Haha thanks for prompting me to check stonecold, I was going about my business without any portal (aside from timetabling) because they had said to wait for the 1st.

They are such liars.  :p

Awesome mark btw!

Thanks! :) You too!  Biology is da best.

95 is the highest mark I have ever gotten haha, I don't think I will be able to get past 95...I got it for CMEDL last year but that was because I wrote a thesis for a blog (it was 30 000 words).  But it's probably not 'as hard' to get higher results in Science as it is in Arts (because of scaling differences and subjective marking), so we shall see.  That said, there is no possible way I am expecting anything above 80 for Chemistry or Physics.  Good luck for the rest of your results :D

Edit: but referring to their tomfoolery, I think it's because they can't control what leaks onto the study planner when they have to keep updating it constantly during the period in which people are frequently enrolling into classes.  So once a faculty says a person has passed it's inevitably going to pop up on the study planner when they refresh them all for enrollment purposes.

Yeah, it truly is the best.  Every time I think I am screwed, and it just keeps coming back with good results!

And I saw all your arts results in older threads, and you are just pro at everything.  Mostly like 90+ :)
I am terrified to get my Arts(Breadth) result back.  Exam was awful.
And I hope your Physics/Chem results surprise you.  I wouldn't worry too much either. A fair amount of students from the biomed chem cohort are probably gonna fail.

And your logic makes sense.  :p
All I know is it means I am refreshing the stupid portal like 100 times a day because I need to know what I got, because I might have to study again for 'special assessment'.

Did you get any special consideration for physics cause your were sick?

Hahaha oh god now you're just making me more afraid!  I'm going to be one of them failing Chem 1...

What was your Arts breadth?  Haha I am definitely not pro at everything!  I'm good at Biology but not so fantastic when it comes to more mathematical things like Physics.  And I love Chemistry but I'm not really that great at it...

Haha, I think that if you check at like 9am, 12pm and 4pm those seem to be the times I am most likely to get a result...from previous experience.  But others might think differently.

And I didn't get any special consideration!  Physics wasn't too bad (the exam) so I thought I would rather take my chances than apply...even if I get like a H2B I wouldn't want to take the supps.  I'm sure your results will be fantastic enough so that you don't have to though!  Haha.

Nahh, you will be fine.  You actually try.  I am talking about the people who sit there and bitch all day about how bad chem is, when they never do any work.  They don't even bother to learn the most basic concepts.  It was bound to happen when you let so many SEAS applicants in I guess.

I did 'The Secret Life of Language' for breadth.  The assignments were easy, and I pretty much got the full 50% for them, but I am pretty concerned about the exam.  It was kinda tricky, and apparently it is marked on a bell curve.  :S

Okay, I'll try to look at those times because I really have other more important stuff to get on with haha.

And yeah, fair enough.  I really don't want to do 'special assessment' either.  I have had it approved for Bio and Calc.  Chem still says unassessed.  I obviously don't want it for Bio.  Do you know if I have to do anything?

And I am just praying to scrape H1s. :p
My preparation/study this semester has been woeful...

Biology of cells and organisms has dropped off the LMS but the results aren't out yet (at least for me) :/

Your result will be in your study plan.  :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:24:24 am by stonecold »
2011-13: BBiomed (Microbiology & Immunology Major) @ UniMelb

VCE 2009'10: English 46 | English Language 49 | Chemistry 50 | Biology 50 | Further Mathematics 48 | Mathematical Methods CAS 39
ATAR: 99.85

"Failure is not when one falls down but rather when one fails to get up" - unknown

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 12:25:46 am »
Biology of cells and organisms has dropped off the LMS but the results aren't out yet (at least for me) :/

Are you looking in the right place?  It should be there if it's not on the LMS.
2009 ENTER: 99.05
2014: BSci Hons (Microbiology/Immunology) at UoM
2015+: PhD (Immunology) at UoM

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 08:11:04 am »
@Mavis, I had a result come out at 8pm last year...that was fun

mankay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 08:48:26 am »

Are you looking in the right place?  It should be there if it's not on the LMS.

I am. Was looking in the "View My Recent Results" page from the admin tab.

It seems the LMS page is back now, and my result is here!!! :D

H1 81 - pretty good considering I did poorly on the pracs and even missed one AND i didnt do VCE biol :D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 08:50:55 am by mankay »

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 09:26:26 am »

Are you looking in the right place?  It should be there if it's not on the LMS.

H1 81 - pretty good considering I did poorly on the pracs and even missed one AND i didnt do VCE biol :D

For future reference, don't look at View Recent Results!  It takes an extra day to update there.  Look at your study planner :)

simpak

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 09:28:52 am »

Nahh, you will be fine.  You actually try.  I am talking about the people who sit there and bitch all day about how bad chem is, when they never do any work.  They don't even bother to learn the most basic concepts.  It was bound to happen when you let so many SEAS applicants in I guess.

I did 'The Secret Life of Language' for breadth.  The assignments were easy, and I pretty much got the full 50% for them, but I am pretty concerned about the exam.  It was kinda tricky, and apparently it is marked on a bell curve.  :S

Okay, I'll try to look at those times because I really have other more important stuff to get on with haha.

And yeah, fair enough.  I really don't want to do 'special assessment' either.  I have had it approved for Bio and Calc.  Chem still says unassessed.  I obviously don't want it for Bio.  Do you know if I have to do anything?

And I am just praying to scrape H1s. :p
My preparation/study this semester has been woeful...

I have no idea if you have to do anything for the supps >: maybe email EPSC or coordinators!?

Oh I wanted to take that subject last year but didn't have enough room.  You will be fine!  It is marked to a bell curve though, you are correct!

mankay

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 09:38:34 am »

Thanks!
Are you looking in the right place?  It should be there if it's not on the LMS.

For future reference, don't look at View Recent Results!  It takes an extra day to update there.  Look at your study planner :)

Thanks!

mikee65

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2011, 10:35:16 am »
found it
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:37:40 am by mikee65 »

kenhung123

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2011, 12:08:23 pm »
How do you apply for special consideration stonecold?

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2011, 12:15:52 pm »
within 2 days of an exam, submit an HCAP form

Principles of Immunology is out (@username mostly) scraped an H1 which is something I'm damn pleased with after the MST2 travesty
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:20:04 pm by Russ »

Massofbubbles

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Studying Biomed
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2011, 01:18:18 pm »
91 For Biomed Bio. Pretty stoked. Hopefully I get similar results for my other subjects..

Gloamglozer

• The Walking VTAC Guide
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Here to listen and help
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2011, 01:20:18 pm »
How do you apply for special consideration stonecold?

Wouldn't there be different protocols at Monash?

Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics) - Discrete Mathematics & Operations Research

kenhung123

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2011, 01:41:38 pm »
So you'd apply anyway and if you get it approved its a bonus type thing?

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2011, 02:09:17 pm »
Melbourne doesn't allow adjustment of marks to compensate for circumstances, you have to sit a supplementary exam