Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 12:26:19 am

Author Topic: thinking of redoing year 12  (Read 16700 times)  Share 

bubble sunglasses

Re: thinking of redoing year 12
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 09:05:07 pm »

I'll just say generally, though repeating might seem a dystopian nightmare to many here, for some its been a positive experience. My sister's friend, for example, wanted pharmacy, got <25 in Eng, did at his 2nd attempt Eng, EL, Philosophy and Classics, enjoyed those subjects [though he didn't want to do Arts], had a close group of friends and liked his life in Bendigo [where I and many others wanted to skedaddle from.] Different people have different aspirations, circumstances and values; not *everyone* wants to get through uni and into the workforce asap.

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 09:12:16 pm »
I don't know. TAFE seems good for me, since I basically stuffed up every one of my exams, so I will look into it further, and hopefully get into Law in some way. I am so passionate about Law it is heartbreaking (although I forgot what a Coroner was :().

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 09:13:30 pm »
I don't know. TAFE seems good for me, since I basically stuffed up every one of my exams, so I will look into it further, and hopefully get into Law in some way. I am so passionate about Law it is heartbreaking (although I forgot what a Coroner was :().

What are your preferences?

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 09:25:38 pm »

*Memories of poor Odette and how those fking idiots stuffed up her score*

Personal opinion: do not repeat, go start a low-enter course @ uni or tafe and transfer once passion strikes u again (or stay put if u're satisfied, and build up a healthy resume while u're doing it).
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 09:28:13 pm »

Basically my first 3 or 4 are law/something else at La Trobe (just realised these are all so unrealistic now... I won't get 95+)

Then I have all of my TAFE courses at RMIT. Legal dispute resolution, and others with very similar titles.

Also, I've applied for SNAP (RMIT's version of SEAS), hopefully I get accepted, I wouldn't mind doing Journalism there. :)

But nevertheless, I hope I can still become a lawyer, given the incredibly mundane performance I gave in the exams. :(

EDIT: Jess, I don't know if that advice was for me, but thank-you :)

bubble sunglasses

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 09:36:43 pm »

Basically my first 3 or 4 are law/something else at La Trobe (just realised these are all so unrealistic now... I won't get 95+)

Then I have all of my TAFE courses at RMIT. Legal dispute resolution, and others with very similar titles.

Also, I've applied for SNAP (RMIT's version of SEAS), hopefully I get accepted, I wouldn't mind doing Journalism there. :)

But nevertheless, I hope I can still become a lawyer, given the incredibly mundane performance I gave in the exams. :(

EDIT: Jess, I don't know if that advice was for me, but thank-you :)

What about doing Arts and then law postgrad?

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 09:49:46 pm »
i was just thinking of odette wanting to repeat after last year reading this... fyrefly what do you mean they stuffed up her score??

i was thinking of repeating, i thought it would be easy if i did the same subjects because i already know the course... but i wouldnt want to do anouther art folio and 2vis com folios... i reckon if i dont get the score i want ill go to tafe for a year too.
2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

username

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • !
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 10:07:01 pm »
i was just thinking of odette wanting to repeat after last year reading this... fyrefly what do you mean they stuffed up her score??

i was thinking of repeating, i thought it would be easy if i did the same subjects because i already know the course... but i wouldnt want to do anouther art folio and 2vis com folios... i reckon if i dont get the score i want ill go to tafe for a year too.

Odette's ENTER score was accidentally calculated significantly LOWER than what it was. She was understandably devastated and wanted to repeat year 12. Luckily in the end it was just a fuck up of VTAC/VCAA/whatever and she received her actual ENTER, which was an awesome ENTER, too.

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 10:16:32 pm »
thats good to hear, i heard she was devastated with the enter vtac gave her relieving to know her hard work did pay off.

did she have to question her score for them to give her the real one or did they realise their mistake.?
2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008, 08:20:01 am »

Yeah, they completely missed 1 of her subjects when they were calculating her ENTER.
In reality it was bout 20 points higher than wot they had calculated.
I am jst so glad it got it sorted out, otherwise she would never have known.

And happy, it was 2 the OP, but my advice still stands with ur situation as well.
There's a lot of tafe and uni legal studies/law courses that can provide a good starting point 4 breaking in2 the field.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

Benny G

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2022, 10:15:05 am »
hey guys, im really considering repeating one vce subject from those who have already done this what reason did you guys give when applying for a school like VSV or any other distanced education place
thanks!