Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:22:05 am

Author Topic: DOUBLE DEGREES @ Caulfield?  (Read 10667 times)  Share 

brendan

Re: DOUBLE DEGREES?
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2008, 07:12:49 pm »
Why are you people so eager to get out of Uni as soon as you can? Double degrees are awesome, because you are well regarded when you enter the workforce. This means you reach higher positions such as executive or whatever much quicker then someone with a normal single degree.

While this is not applicable at all times, it is for most.

Hence by spendind 1 extra year, you are pretty much taking a short cut in terms of getting a job position which u wud have fought 5 years for.

good point really..

I don't think thats true. Double degrees if anything, increase the probability that you will actually be employed. Once you are employed, I don't think it will have much affect on your career progression.

Odette.

Re: DOUBLE DEGREES?
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2008, 07:16:23 pm »
So i think i have decided to do Accounting / Banking and finance at caufield..

anyone plans to do that as well?
Good luck ! :D

thanks..;)
what do u think about the course..i would like to know

Just keep this in mind....

Accreditation

Australian: This degree with relevant units is recognised by the following legal entities:

* Australian Securities and Investments Commission
    * Banking, Finance and Securities Industries
    * CPA Australia
    * Financial Product Adviser
    * The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia

Professional recognition may be dependent upon work experience requirements and the correct choice of units.

It's a good course, but be careful when choosing the units that you'll study. Good luck :D

thanks..:D
how do i make sure the units that i study are correct..?

What you should do is ask the faculty, they should know what would be the correct choice of units, or you could go one step further and ask the instituition/association you'd like to be a member of... :) Good luck