Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 01:38:04 pm

Author Topic: Worst Murphy's Law Moment..?  (Read 1911 times)  Share 

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
Worst Murphy's Law Moment..?
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:23:13 pm »

Tell us bout the time when EVERYTHING went wrong.

Eg. My week this week has consisted of a uni computer crash and a home computer crash that resulted in me having to start my business law assignment over TWICE. Then I had to wrestle with the printer/computers @ uni 2day 4 an HOUR trying to print off my assignment coz it kept printing 'internal error' pages when it got up to page 4 (and eating my money in the meantime...). I got the assignment printed and handed in with 6 minutes to spare (when in reality I could have handed it in 3 days ago). Now I'm behind in all my subjects.

Murphy's law in action: So many people make up bullshit excuses that when the improbable actually happens, no-one believes you. Also, never trust machines. Ever.
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

enwiabe

• Putin
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +529
Re: Worst Murphy's Law Moment..?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 04:07:52 pm »
Maybe it's not the machines. Maybe god just hates you. :P

Today, every question on the Physics mid-semester were on concepts i was praying wouldn't be on the test.

Those bastards. The questions I did know how to do were mysteriously absent...

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:21:57 pm »

Eg. My week this week has consisted of a uni computer crash and a home computer crash that resulted in me having to start my business law assignment over TWICE. Then I had to wrestle with the printer/computers @ uni 2day 4 an HOUR trying to print off my assignment coz it kept printing 'internal error' pages when it got up to page 4 (and eating my money in the meantime...). I got the assignment printed and handed in with 6 minutes to spare (when in reality I could have handed it in 3 days ago). Now I'm behind in all my subjects.

Murphy's law in action: So many people make up bullshit excuses that when the improbable actually happens, no-one believes you. Also, never trust machines. Ever.

One word: Backup.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

trinon

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 08:42:39 pm »

One word: Backup.

One word: /b/lackup.
Eli rocks at running.

clinton_09

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 09:43:21 pm »
wow

dekoyl

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +18
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 09:46:40 pm »
One word: /b/lackup.
4 words rules 1 and 2
*Sigh*.

I just accidentally the whole forum.

amyminchin

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Finished...
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 09:47:47 pm »
Having the three poems i didn't extensively study for on the lit exam.

I bawled my eyes out.
english.further.psych.lit.media
ENTER of 85.05

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

2009-
Arts/Teaching (Secondary) at ACU

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 12:29:00 am »
/thread
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015