Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:59:27 pm

Author Topic: rant - trusting people is shit  (Read 15134 times)  Share 

cara.mel

rant - trusting people is shit
« on: November 04, 2008, 10:33:11 am »
someone from this site I got along with for almost a year, I decide to lend them my notes for a subject to return after exams.

now it is a logical time to want them back. the person who has borrowed them is adamant on returning them on their own terms. They have chosen to go on a holiday after VCE and have said that they will not return it before mid december at all and will only start *considering* the concept of returning it after that. They have also said to me when I asked about when they will return it that they are effectively holding my notes hostage from me and there is 'shit all I can do about it' to get them back.

they were of great personal value to me and I want them returned but I don't see it coming back  :'( :'( :'( :'(. I do not need this shit during my own exam period. I trust someone and it comes back to bite me. hard.

it is just a note book it would cost bugger all to send it in the mail.

Butler

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +11
Re: rant - trusting people is shit
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 10:44:09 am »
Ah, that sucks Caramel. Hopefully this person becomes ridden with guilt when they realise that everyone here is backing you, and plain and simple it's a low thing to do, betraying your trust and disregarding your feelings.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett.

I (L) probability.

VCE '08: Philosophy, Literature, History: Revs, Methods & English Language

vce08

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 11:13:53 am »
But why do you need the notes if they are VCE related?

droodles

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:32:08 am »
THAT MAKES ME PRETTY ANGRY
NOW I WANT TO STOMP WITH MY FEET

cara.mel

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 11:33:05 am »
Because I like learning and I don't do this subject any more at uni and it was a good reference for me.

Ah, that sucks Caramel. Hopefully this person becomes ridden with guilt when they realise that everyone here is backing you, and plain and simple it's a low thing to do, betraying your trust and disregarding your feelings.

He doesn't seem to feel guilt. I tried on IRC :(

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2008, 11:40:17 am »
Stop stressing yourself out about it. Trust that we'll all work together to get it back, ok? :)
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

cara.mel

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 11:44:07 am »
the borrowers not budging though.

he has just sent to me then:
"I've already said that it will be posted, so i don't know what you are on."

however there is no time constraint at all on this, nor does he know where to send it to yet, so this sentence is a lie :P

I have tried to ask where he lives so I can pick it up myself but he does not wish to disclose this information. It seems to be the only way to go about it.

droodles

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 11:55:27 am »
LOL OH SHIT

CARAMEL ON YOUR DOORSTEP

cara.mel

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:52 am »
Please return it within a week, Mao -_-

bucket

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 12:02:45 pm »
Why would you bring up names? Are you trying to turn people against people? Childish.
I honestly can't believe that you would want notes for a VCE subject you did 1 year ago over the coming summer holidays, go outside for gods sake. In my opinion you only want them back because you're not on good terms with him anymore.
Monash University
Science/Engineering (Maths, Physics and Electrical Engineering)

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2008, 12:03:54 pm »
Why would you bring up names? Are you trying to turn people against people? Childish.
I honestly can't believe that you would want notes for a VCE subject over the coming summer holidays, go outside for gods sake.

It her notes, she has every right to have them back when she wants. Are you trying to justify theft?
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

cara.mel

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2008, 12:04:39 pm »
I honestly can't believe that you would want notes for a VCE subject you did 1 year ago over the coming summer holidays, go outside for gods sake. In my opinion you only want them back because you're not on good terms with him anymore.

I want them back because they're mine. Why the hell wouldn't I want my belongings back :P

droodles

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2008, 12:06:51 pm »
BUCKET AND MAO VS CARAMEL AND EXCALIBUR

WHO CAME TO WIN ?

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2008, 12:08:21 pm »
lol droodles.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

Collin Li

• VCE Tutor
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 12:26:19 pm »

This is the viewpoint that most reasonable and empathetic people would take. Those with an already biased viewpoint come into this rant with a less than empathetic view.