Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:59:47 am

Author Topic: rant - trusting people is shit  (Read 15136 times)  Share 

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
Re: rant - trusting people is shit
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2008, 06:20:03 pm »
because of higher priorities, I will only address the last point. [the answer to previous points can be found in previous posts, if you are objective enough to see them]

that "shit all you can do about it" reference is the funniest thing about the whole issue, and was completely blown out of nature as I'd assume it would be. the convenience to you guys is that the previous line was completely ignored, which was "if I really wanted to keep it"
when clearly, i have already promised many times [and again] that I will return it.
I thought saying that would at least bring some reality into her and keep her quiet a little bit so I can say what I needed to say, but apparently that invited nothing but "reaction to seeming hostility". Next time I will seek better ways to knock sense into people.

clearly you're the one who needs some sense knocked into you. how wud that make her quiet a little bit?

Besides Mao, had you not turned hostile to Mel all of a sudden (to which I'm perplexed about any rational explanation for, but I guess that's your perogative), this probably will not have happened.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2008, 06:41:21 pm »
I can't imagine why this is such a huge deal.

Like, yes of course caramel should get the right to retain her notes, but they are just notes for a subject that she no longer does and hasn't done for a year- is it really that essential to get them back right now? All involved (on both sides) don't seem to be handling the matter with a whole lot of tact or maturity. Yes, the borrower should give them back when caramel requests them to be given back- but why does she need them now? Unless variables such as a sibling/best friend/etc etc needing these notes come into play I just dont understand the urgency and thus need for name dropping. The rant was perfectly warranted, but name dropping is so immature and primary school.

This all seems a bit about forum politics more than anything else.

DISCLAIMER: I am not on anyones side, nor is this post meant to offend any member of either side of this argument.  :)

Mao and caramel were once quite good friends. She lent him the notes on the basis of that trust. However, Mao has turned quite hostile towards her (for reasons I can't quite decipher how) in the last month or two and she's recently caught on.

Basically, I think (speculation here) that she sees no reason to be nice (lending him her notes) to Mao anymore because she doesn't get it back from him.

That's the situation, from what I know anyway.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

ed_saifa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2008, 06:42:07 pm »
Conundrums...
[IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2506/avatarcg3.png[/img]
(\ /)
(0.o)
(><)
/_|_\

"It's not a community effort"
"It's not allowed. Only death is a valid excuse"
"Probably for the first time time this year I was totally flabbergasted by some of the 'absolute junk' I had to correct .... I was going to use 'crap' but that was too kind a word"
"How can you expect to do well when
-you draw a lemon as having two half-cells connected with a salt bridge
-your lemons come with Cu2+ ions built in" - Dwyer
"Why'd you score so bad?!" - Zotos
"Your arguments are seri

lanvins

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2008, 06:45:15 pm »
However, Mao has turned quite hostile towards her (for reasons I can't quite decipher how) in the last month or two and she's recently caught on.

Maybe he just got fed up with her constant harassment. Nobody likes an emotional girl. lol :)

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2008, 06:47:38 pm »
However, Mao has turned quite hostile towards her (for reasons I can't quite decipher how) in the last month or two and she's recently caught on.

Maybe he just got fed up with her constant harassment. Nobody likes an emotional girl. lol :)

Read a bit more carefully. Her requests for the book only occurred after the hostility to her from Mao had been occurring for a few weeks.
Former Global Moderator

ed_saifa

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2008, 06:48:30 pm »
What is the cause for hostility?
[IMG]http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/2506/avatarcg3.png[/img]
(\ /)
(0.o)
(><)
/_|_\

"It's not a community effort"
"It's not allowed. Only death is a valid excuse"
"Probably for the first time time this year I was totally flabbergasted by some of the 'absolute junk' I had to correct .... I was going to use 'crap' but that was too kind a word"
"How can you expect to do well when
-you draw a lemon as having two half-cells connected with a salt bridge
-your lemons come with Cu2+ ions built in" - Dwyer
"Why'd you score so bad?!" - Zotos
"Your arguments are seri

Matt The Rat

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2008, 06:49:12 pm »
Why can't we be friends?

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 06:52:06 pm »
What is the cause for hostility?
because of higher priorities, I will only address the last point. [the answer to previous points can be found in previous posts, if you are objective enough to see them]

that "shit all you can do about it" reference is the funniest thing about the whole issue, and was completely blown out of nature as I'd assume it would be. the convenience to you guys is that the previous line was completely ignored, which was "if I really wanted to keep it"
when clearly, i have already promised many times [and again] that I will return it.
I thought saying that would at least bring some reality into her and keep her quiet a little bit so I can say what I needed to say, but apparently that invited nothing but "reaction to seeming hostility". Next time I will seek better ways to knock sense into people.

clearly you're the one who needs some sense knocked into you. how wud that make her quiet a little bit?

Besides Mao, had you not turned hostile to Mel all of a sudden (to which I'm perplexed about any rational explanation for, but I guess that's your perogative), this probably will not have happened.
Former Global Moderator

shonakennedy

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 06:55:54 pm »
im not taking sides, but i know this close to exams i would not want to give back notes that i have relied on so heavily. but of course this is no reason for hostility. notes are easily photocopied/copied out in own words.

2007: Bio[32]-HHD[36]
2008: English[43]-Lit[32]-Further[39]-Psych[35]-Chem[25]
2009: Bachelor of Nursing/Midwifery (Y)

Desired ENTER:            Actual ENTER:
> 9000                        85.80

Mao

• CH41RMN
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +390
  • School: Kambrya College
  • School Grad Year: 2008
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2008, 07:15:51 pm »

Read a bit more carefully. Her requests for the book only occurred after the hostility to her from Mao had been occurring for a few weeks.

this is the set of events as occurred to me:

- I called you a fuckwit over the Khalid issue
- She wasn't exactly happy over that
- some random stuff happens in between
- there was some useless posts/threads she started
- I responded, [and I have already explained to her], in a manner that I would have responded to anybody, even if it was Ahmad.
- that was taken over-seriously
- a month of silence
- English exam, marking commencement of my exam period [that was last week]
- then I WANT MY NOTEBOOK AND I WANT IT NOW.

ye be the judge.
Editor for ATARNotes Chemistry study guides.

VCE 2008 | Monash BSc (Chem., Appl. Math.) 2009-2011 | UoM BScHon (Chem.) 2012 | UoM PhD (Chem.) 2013-2015

costargh

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2008, 07:18:31 pm »
Bahah, mao from an impartial view and seeing some of the posts (the tone of them) that you have sent in response to some of Mel's things woiuldnt appear as though thats how you wooda treated anyone hahah

Feuds are cute (L)

vce08

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2008, 07:40:37 pm »
High drama.
This is entertaining. Please continue.

hard

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2008, 07:57:33 pm »
ehh i recken is all bulshit really. Fighting over notes? i mean COME ON GET OVER IT. People are dying of hunger in south africa and here is a fight about notes? VCE subject notes in which no one will need after 3 weeks? geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. Dymocks book shops sell some pretty neat books i hear...

brendan

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2008, 08:19:56 pm »
*Puts legal cap on*

- I have promised [on several occasions] that I will return them,
Relevant

- the notebook was lent originally with "take as long as you like",
relevant

except I am currently in my exams period, and I leave for china pretty much AS SOON AS exams finish, so it'll be an unnecessary burden on me to have to rush around to return the notes
irrelevant, particularly given her offer of coming to your house to collect it.

- I have been accused of being a thief, a bastard, a dipshit, and a cunt. It is my understanding that when you want someone else to do something, a little respect is given?
irrelevant

I believe any sensible person would choose to not reveal address to those kind of messages
irrelevant

- caramel is in first year uni, and afaik she no longer undertake any linguistic studies
irrelevant

the closest post office takes me at least an hour to get to [one way], car transport is also out of the option.
irrelevant

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:22:41 pm by Brendan »

droodles

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2008, 08:25:59 pm »
ehh i recken is all bulshit really. Fighting over notes? i mean COME ON GET OVER IT. People are dying of hunger in south africa and here is a fight about notes? VCE subject notes in which no one will need after 3 weeks? geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. Dymocks book shops sell some pretty neat books i hear...

LOL