Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 05:11:08 am

Author Topic: Boston Legal  (Read 650 times)  Share 

Noblesse

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +10
Boston Legal
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:44:01 am »
It pains me to say it, but one of the best TV series of all time has reached it's end on Australian television. After five seasons (not including prior shows, ie. The Practice), this legal wonder, which has been treated so unjustly by Channel Seven has come to an end.

While it's finale did not include explosions, mysterious hatches or the dull tones of a long dead housewife who seems very much aware of the goings on many years in the future, it made me glad that David E. Kelley had not only the sense, but the compassion to allow Boston Legal to be gracefully lain to rest, and not be forced to live on (see Season 4, Episode 16: The Mighty Rogues) and eventually "jump the shark" (see Happy Days), like other American television series (see Scrubs - epic show, but seriously, a 9th season, most of it without JD? Come on..........)

My thoughts on the last episode are thus, I thought the marriage between Alan and Denny was simply an amazing moment in television. The scenery at the wedding was superb, however I would have loved for Judge Brown to attend the service, to only denounce it as "outrageous". I sincerely hope that both Jerry and Katie and Karl and Shirley will be eternally happy with each other, however I find the firm's future to be bleak.

RIP Boston Legal. You will be sorely missed.

OH WHATS THAT CHANNEL SEVEN? MORE FOOTBALL AND STORIES ABOUT WAYS TO SAVE MONEY? THANKS MATTHEW WHITE!

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
Re: Boston Legal
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 11:36:40 am »
lol what a white kent LOLLOLOOL

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F