Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 12:49:50 pm

Author Topic: Electronic Engineering / Computer Science... No clearly-in and only 7 offers.  (Read 1323 times)  Share 

kaptain_awesome

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Last year had 16 offers I think, and the clearly-in was 70 (I got 76.8). The new data for this course has "n/a" for the ENTER.

Im really confused, would this course's quota only be 7 students? and whats with the "n/a"? Does anyone more knowledgeable about the system have any idea why this would be so?

I got my second preference, Mechatronics at RMIT, and I'm happy with it, but I'm still really confused.

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
It probably means that they took on less students for their course. As for the ENTER, I'm not sure.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

memka

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
My friend got into Applied Physics at RMIT with an ENTER of only  57.
The clearly in this yr and last was n/a and only 8 people are doing it.
It's strange. 
2007: Psychology
2008: English, Methods, Biology, French, Music Solo        ENTER: 92.65
2009: Bachelor of Arts @ ANU

transgression

• de Modular, corp.
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +27
n/a appears when there are less than 10 students in the course
Quote from:  wah wah
FACEBOOK

ell

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +18
My friend got into Engineering-Communication/Computer Science, one of the 2 that did.

kaptain_awesome

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
Wow, I didn't realise they take so few people for these courses. That's annoying. Thought I had it in the bag being ~7 points over the clearly-in.

transgression

• de Modular, corp.
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +27
I guess RMIT set the number of offers, then either those who applied had a higher enter than you, or that the course needed more than just an enter score?
Quote from:  wah wah
FACEBOOK

kaptain_awesome

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
I guess RMIT set the number of offers, then either those who applied had a higher enter than you, or that the course needed more than just an enter score?

Im guessing others who applied mustve had higher enters, I had all the prerequisites, plus did some subjects that gave me some bonus points. It would have been nice if they say how many students they plan on taking, I mean the less they take, the higher the cut-off.

I guess they must publish n/a as the clearly-in when less than 10 are accepted since there must be much more fluctuation than other courses, right?