Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:34:16 am

Poll

what have you have been doing this summer?

netflix, netflix, netflix
going out
working
holiday hw
idk rlly...

Author Topic: beep boop's *deep breath and whispers* yr 12 journal  (Read 13064 times)

beep boop

• Trendsetter
  • studying, what is that?
  • Respect: +45
beep boop's *deep breath and whispers* yr 12 journal
« on: December 26, 2021, 02:49:21 pm »
+17
Hi and welcome!
If you don't know me already, I'm beep boop! As of next year I'm in yr 12 and doing spesh, methods, chem, bio and eng lang.
I did viet sl this yr and got scaled ss of 36. I know this isn't enough for my first post but feel free to check in every now and then as I plan to update more regularly when yr 12 starts.
Have a Happy New Year!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 05:38:08 pm by beep boop »
class of '22
'21: viet sl [36], bio
'22: psych, methods, spesh, chem, eng lang
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever
yr 12 stuff :)

beep boop

• Trendsetter
Re: beep boop's *deep breath and whispers* yr 12 journal
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 01:55:58 pm »
+9
mini update #1
To those who have seen this journal hi again! To those who haven't seen this journal welcome.

I know I mentioned in my first I would be updating more regularly when yr 12 starts, but I thought it would be more convenient to post mini updates not a full length post. So it would save time both for me and my fellow AN people. Full length posts are more likely to occur at the start and end of term.

Now onto the update.
I'll be starting tutoring soon for methods, chem and spesh in early Jan. Ngl I'm kinda scared but we'll see what the new yr will bring ahead. I got a personal diary for my KK present this yr and been using it to set goals.
eng lang: I've just finished my metalanguage bank. I might start doing part A of some exams, I honestly don't expect my responses to be up to scratch because its only december.
chem: I've finished most of my holiday homework, I just need to write up my pracs.
methods and spesh: I haven't finished any of the exercises. I've started write up my reference book already some topics are in there and the formula sheets for both subjects are glued in each exercise book.
bio: I did this subject this yr and I didn't get the score I wanted so I'm redoing it again. I've used this yr as a learning curve and have much hopes for next yr.
Using the diary I mentioned before I'll to start doing practice exams early as possible. Some people say to they start prac exam in june/ july but personally knowing myself I like to procrastinate and drag things out. I've set certain goal posts for me achieve during the yr. I I won't do whole exams, I'll split them up according to parts and do 1 each over the course of the week. Doing things in little parts have always worked for me. So doing this will set out a routine into the school yr that I'll just follow until oct. If I do prac exams by mid yr I might be very unmotivated and not even do them at all.

I hope everyone has had a good xmas and feel free to reply on what you've been doing during the summer.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:02:02 pm by beep boop »
class of '22
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever

lemurbruv

• Trailblazer
  • hi guys i like school :) (well i'm trying)
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 09:27:31 am »
+4
G'day beep boop!

We are doing sort of similar subjects, I do english, spesh, methods, chem and french.

I find using a planner is super helpful, all throughout y11 exam period I used one to help me balance out study and life. I'm someone who can't really switch off from study, so as a NY resolution I'm going to try and prioritise my wellbeing for year 12.

I haven't really done much holiday homework these holidays yet, I'm trying to spread it out for subjects like maths and chem so that it stays in my memory bank! (No idea whether this is a good strategy or not tbh but I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself to get it all done quickly)

Are you setting any NY resolutions related to year 12?

Dw I am scared for y12 too :)

lemur
class of 2022!
my year 12 VCE journal :)
2021: music
2022: english, methods, spesh, chem, french

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 02:43:51 pm »
+4
replies :)
G'day beep boop!

We are doing sort of similar subjects, I do english, spesh, methods, chem and french.

I find using a planner is super helpful, all throughout y11 exam period I used one to help me balance out study and life. I'm someone who can't really switch off from study, so as a NY resolution I'm going to try and prioritise my wellbeing for year 12.

I haven't really done much holiday homework these holidays yet, I'm trying to spread it out for subjects like maths and chem so that it stays in my memory bank! (No idea whether this is a good strategy or not tbh but I'm trying not to put too much pressure on myself to get it all done quickly)

Are you setting any NY resolutions related to year 12?

Dw I am scared for y12 too :)

lemur
Hi lemur!
Throughout most of my high school yrs I always used a calendar on Microsoft that was connected to my gmail account. Its been convenient and easy for me as it syncs both on my laptop and phone. I've used a diary before in my junior years because I found it too much of a hassle carrying it around, when I could have just used my calendar instead. It was easier back then because there wasn't as much work as it is now. I've already filled it up for things to be on the lookout for such as  i.e. VTAC dates, scholarship application dates, plans to book private uni tours, yr jumper quotes, muck up day ideas. As you can see its a jumble of  my thoughts in my diary. I thought it would go to waste if I just left it there like my other journals I'd gotten from my previous yrs.

I personally don't believe in NY resolutions because they'd get thrown out the next day hahaha. I heard from somewhere NY resolutions should evolve around themes (they're more likely to work that way) e.g set more goals, have better time management. My themes are to go thru through VCAA papers, be more organised...

I hope there aren't any lockdowns next yr because I'll go crazy. *fingers crossed*

beep boop
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 04:06:08 pm by beep boop »
class of '22

KenW

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2021, 12:33:49 am »
+2
Wow, this seems interesting! I've never read a journal as it was being written, so this will be cool.  I've finished high school, but I'll make sure to keep up with this VCE journal next year.
Class of 2021
2022-2026: BMedSc/M.D @ Monash

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 07:45:49 pm »
+5
mini update #2

Hi beep boopers! Welcome back.

I thought I should give everyone an update a week after new yrs.

So this week was back to tutoring. (The reality check I didn't want). I've been doing section A of eng lang essays. Got my bio books yesturday. Procrastinating on finishing methods holiday hw. Been planning stuff in my diary. Nothing eventful. I won't start complaining not until at least yr 12 starts. 😂😭

Honestly, I'm very scared of this yr has to bring. Especially bc of the rona cases, I rlly don't wanna go back to remote learning, it has messed w/ my head sm. I keep seeing the cases numbers each day and school is starting soon. 2022 has given me nothing but apprehension.

I hope everyone has had a better new yrs than me. Sorry for the mellow update.
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2022, 10:12:40 pm »
+9
mini update #3

Hello again fellow beep boopers!

Its been a week since my last post. After a lot of reflecting and deep thought, I've thought a lot about how rona isn't something I can control. All I can do is make the best of what I can and try control what is within my limits. Even if there is another lockdown or remote learning, I can use the past 2 yrs as a learning curve and develop strategies for it.

I've also reflected a lot about last yr. One of the things I've learnt is that I need to take more care of myself. As obvious as that sounds, I neglect myself a lot and threw myself into schoolwork and it ended up backfiring on me. Even as simple as drinking water regularly is hard for me. Having a good headspace and maintaining mental health is important as well as maintaining a healthy balance. Recently, I've tried breathing exercises and yoga. If anyone ever told me that I was going to try yoga, I would've looked at them funny. I'm going to attempt to incorporate selfcare thru out the whole yr.

Moving on, I want to let my journal readers a little bit more about me:
I love watching action movies
My favourite colour is green and I have a picky preference to what green hahaha. Preferably lime green and light green.
I took my L's the same week when I had 6 sacs, including my 2 3/4's as well. (I booked for my L's at least three months prior w/o thinking about sac week...)
My favourite artist is eminem
The subjects that I like the most is eng lang and chem (this is more of a love hate one hahahaha)

Also, does anyone have good yr 12 jacket quotes? Feel free to suggest any.  8)

beep boop over and out
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 10:47:40 pm by beep boop »
class of '22

little_creative_journals

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2022, 09:39:45 am »
+1

chem (this is more of a love hate one hahahaha)

Yes! Chemistry is one of my favourite subjects too, but I agree. I definitely have more of a love hate relationship with chem that is particularly topic and difficulty dependent hahaha! I like to call it my mood swing subject! ;D
༚✧VCE 2020 - 2022✧༚

2021 - Visual Communication and Design [43]

2022 - English | Further Maths | Chemistry | Biology

2023 - Science!!! Interested in pharmacology and immunology (basically, I love all things human biology) ☁️

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2022, 11:20:10 am »
+1
Yes! Chemistry is one of my favourite subjects too, but I agree. I definitely have more of a love hate relationship with chem that is particularly topic and difficulty dependent hahaha! I like to call it my mood swing subject! ;D

I just want my ss to be above a 35.raw 25 in chem lesssgoo 😩 Its really cool to when you can connect chem to real life. Like even as simple as connecting a phone charger to the wall. Like what energy converts to such and such energy and vice versa. I really hope my maths subjects can do the heavylifting for my atar. 😎🤙🏼🤧
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 01:31:44 pm »
+3
mini update #4

Welcome back, beep boopers!

Since I gave my fellow beep boopers personal update last time, I thought I should give a school work update too. So recently I found out that school starts two days earlier than expected. T_T I thought I was supposed to go back on the 4th of feb but turns out it I go back on the 2nd. At my school we take school photos on the first day. Tbh, it would be interesting to put my yr 7 photos side by side w/ my yr 12 one and see how much I've changed and grown over the yrs.

I finished w/ my holiday hw, so glad its done and dusted. I've been doing stufff in my biozone workbook and I regret not using it enough last yr, so its definitely something I'll be doing this yr. I've done more prac eng lang exams. I really want stuff down pat before I start the yr such as social purpose and function. Methods and spesh are completely done. For chem, I've watched most of the AOS 1 videos. this is what happens when you're bored ahahah My chem teacher sent out a msg a couple days ago to remind us of holiday homework and that we have a test the second week back redox reactions and galvanic cells rippp

I also watched the eternals and thought it was ok. I liked shang chi more.

Spoiler
I rediscovered an old song! SHAKE IT

beep boop over and out
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 05:07:50 pm by beep boop »
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 08:19:13 pm »
+9
mini update #5

Here's to another update, beep boopers!

So turns out I won't be doing bio, timetabling issues. I was either gonna have to swap chem for bio or keep it. I chose the latter. Now I'm doing psych instead of bio. I guess I'm psych student now  8)

Its the night before I start yr 12.

I'm kinda nervous atm. Turns out the school tradition for taking school photos on the first day won't happen anymore. It will be happening in three weeks instead. Yr 7 seemed like a day ago. Oversized blazers; knee high socks that went past the knees; the big scary gate that I've become so used to seeing. Adult life doesn't seem so far away. I hope that I can make most out of this yr and walk away thinking that I've done my best.

Anyways, I've got work to do. Gonna jam to eminem, logic and mgk later. I might do another update this week or the week after next to let y'all know how the first few weeks go.

beep boop
class of '22

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2022, 01:26:44 am »
+2
Hope your first few days went smoothly !!

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2022, 08:40:41 pm »
+6
Hope your first few days went smoothly !!

OMG HI JEYDA. *{insert fangirling noises here}* *squee* The honorable blueycan replied on my journal!!

Since I'm really excited rn...

mini update #6 !!

My first week, has gone smoothly so far. I've seen the yr 7 and they're so cute! I remember when I was like them, new uniforms and everything looked too big on me. still does 😂😭 #shortpeopleproblems

I've settled in really well so far. I like all my teachers and get along great. So I have one teacher for both spesh and methods. So I have a funny story at least I'd like to think so anyways

At my school, we still have to do a religion component even if we're not doing religion and society which is called ethics. Friday is the one day, where I don't have to deal w/ my maths teacher and guess what happened? My ethics teacher was away and he subbed in. So he was writing stuff on the board and after he finished, I said, "Why don't you just rub it all out?" He responds, "Why would I do that?!"

Then he walks around saying "don't swing on your chair." I start swinging on my chair.

The other day, I took his markers and made a pencil (marker?) sword. Honestly, its one of those things where I do things out of habit when I see pens that can be stacked together. He was holding one of them and I was trying to stack one them on the one he was holding. He immediately understood what I was doing and he held tightly enough so I could add to the marker sword. #coolteachers

My chem teacher is also I another person I like. She asked the class if we wanted her to print out the data booklets. I said I wanted them in A3 form where you fold them in half and stapled in the middle. She looked at me and went, "You want them in booklet form?!" I just gave her cheeky grin. She then rolled her eyes, smiled and sighed in exasperation that spoke, the things I do for you.  I responded w/ "thanks ms!"

My psych teacher is surprisingly a reality tv show fan. He asked the class if anyone else liked watching MAFS. Yes, MAFS. I kid you not, he said, "I live for the drama." don't we all..

My eng lang teacher made a sticker chart w/ super cute emojis. I got so excited. We get stickers for completing hw, doing good presentations etc.

That's all I have to say for this update.  8)

See you all soon beep boopers,

beep boop
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 06:42:59 pm »
+8
mini update #7

Hi all, beep boopers!

Thought I might pop in for a super quick update.

This week has been a bit weird (I think?). So a fight occurred between the yr 11s' and it was during classtime. *{insert eye roll here}* My yr 12 coordinator doesn't like them.  he didn't say so directly when I mentioned the yr 11s he just gave a really long sign

I also have a trolley bag I usually leave it in the corner and someone hid it last monday in one of the classrooms. Last year, I left it there in the same place and it worked just fine. Now the year 11s are here, I suspect someone from the younger cohort is responsible.

Moving on, I got some chain mail (?) added to my braces and now I have rubber bands attached too. I now am a full epitome of a nerd.  :)

Onto the academic update, I finished AOS1 videos for psych despite not doing much over the holidays. So I've found out most of my SAC dates and that my eng lang one is the same date as my psych one.  :-\ Its 6 weeks away but at least I have time to prepare. I'll be doing at least 5 SACs this term: chem, 2 eng lang, psych and spesh. My methods SAC will be early next term.

My school photos will be on Friday, can't wait to take a pic for the yr 12 photo as well.

Signing off,

beep boop
class of '22

beep boop

• Trendsetter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2022, 07:21:03 pm »
+6
mini update #8

Three weeks of yr 12 done, beep boopers!

I was in spesh and one of my previous teachers from my junior years barged in with a boombox with flashy lights and started dancing out of nowhere. He then shouts, "Specialist maths! Wooooooo!" He does that for like 3 more times and I gave him a "really?" look.

The sac dates aren't moving any slower and I'm getting quire anxious by the minute. I've been procrastinating on studying, I should really get a move on. For my school work, there hasn't been anything new, I'm currently doing trig for both spesh and methods. Eng lang is going over the subsystems. In psych, we've moved on to types of stress.

chem rant
I feel like I need to vent atm. Feel free to skip this part, if you want to. I know I said in one of the other vce journals, that I like my chem teacher. Idk if I can do taksies backsies on here but my feelings to towards my teacher have become lukewarm. There is an overreliance on edrolo and the textbook. Edrolo is just surface level stuff and Heinemann textbook likes to ramble on before it gets to the relevant points. Whenever she marks our work, she mentions something on the weaker points our class needs work on and then says, "Its all in the textbook." Seriously, we all know that. A basketball player can't learn to aim correctly for the hoops if they're just told their not aiming correctly without the coach coming in and actively fixing it. I don't think she's actually taught us anything. Its very frustrating. She's just given us worksheets and tells us to look at the powerpoint and that's it. She hasn't actively taught us anything. We're moving on to a new chapter and she said she's gonna teach us. Wasn't she supposed to do that during the few weeks?

I had a tarot card reading this week done by one of my classmates. I'm now a self-proclaimed science hippie. 😎🤘🏼

I have athletics day soon. My friend wants to dress up as Bob Ross and I might dress up as a paint canvas. Idk I'm really stuck on what to wear or maybe a cheap outfit from target might work. I had school photos today, as I mentioned before looking at our I've changed over the years will be interesting.

beep boop
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:06:52 am by beep boop »
class of '22