Uni Stuff > Commerce

Major Advice

(1/1)

SilverBullet:
Hey guys,

I had my information session this morning (Business @ Swinburne) and found out that I can do two majors and a minor. I already know I will do Human Resources as one major but I don't know what to do for that or the minor. The business degree offers:

Accounting
Asian Business #
Business Law
eBusiness (eCommerce) #
Economics #
European Business #
Finance
Information Systems
International Business
Management
Manufacturing Management
Marketing

# = Available as a minor only.

I looked into the Management one as another major but most of the subjects are the same as HR. I don't know how that will work with actually getting the majors, won't that mean less work??

Does anyone have any experience or know anyone with experience with these subjects? I don't have to another major within the Business Degree I could do Psychology or something else.

I need advice!  :idiot2: :idiot2:

Collin Li:
When it says you "can" do two majors and a minor, does that mean you must do two majors and a minor?

If you're dead-set on Human Resources, and nothing else seems interesting, then just major in that solely if possible. I recommend a minor in economics. It is pretty easy, it's just common-sense but many economics students say that economics subjects have changed their day-to-day thinking to become more 'rational.' It is certainly an insightful minor if you haven't got any other compelling choices.

BA22:
I think you might like marketing, it's often working with people, forming a creative team etc, have a look at it

SilverBullet:
I spoke to a girl at work who just finished studyign marketing and she loved it. I'm leaning towards that and doing a minor in eBusiness.

Coblin, if you don't do two majors then you have to do three minors which I don't want to do.

Thanks guys.

AppleXY:
WTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFF?! eBusiness, what kind of lame name is that?!?!!?!? It should be eCommerce :P (LOL, sorry to be picky but it's irritating me :P)

eCommerce should be fun (well for me....shut up LOL) but it may involve higher level computer knowledge and possibly some programming. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version