Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:47:06 am

Author Topic: The GAT is changing in 2022  (Read 4123 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
The GAT is changing in 2022
« on: February 10, 2022, 09:25:33 am »
+7
See https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/assessment/vce-assessment/general-achievement-test/Pages/index.aspx.

According to VCAA, key changes include:

"The GAT will be split into two sections:
* Section A will assess literacy and numeracy skills
* Section B will assess skills in mathematics, science, technology, the arts and humanities, with an increased focus on critical and creative thinking skills"

"All students enrolled in one or more VCE or scored VCE VET Unit 3 –4 sequence will be required to sit Sections A and B. Senior VCAL students will sit Section A"

"The GAT will be held on Wednesday 7 September"

Again, you can find out more about the changes at https://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/assessment/vce-assessment/general-achievement-test/Pages/index.aspx. What do you think?

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

beep boop

• Trendsetter
  • studying, what is that?
  • Respect: +45
Re: The GAT is changing in 2022
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 09:09:06 pm »
+2
warning slight profanity.
Another thing I would like to add is that GAT scores will have a significance on obtaining a vce cert. If you don't meet the minimum standards you won't get one. However, it won't affect your atar. Yes, you can still get into the course you want but getting a vce cert will be harder than any other year. Education minister James Merlino said this will give a clear indication of school-leavers of who has basic literacy and numeracy skills. Meagan Lilly, head of the Australian Industry Group said that poor numeracy and literacy skills among employees and apprentices are becoming an increasing issue in the workplace.

I would like to say that this new system is bullshit. We still in a goddamn pandemic and now we have this?! Honestly like we yr 12 students haven't copped enough already from the past 2 yrs. I really hope that us yr 12 won't have any more surprises since we can't afford to expect the unexpected.
class of '22
'21: viet sl [36], bio
'22: psych, methods, spesh, chem, eng lang
"Distance makes the heart grow fonder and proximity makes the heart want to barf."-Mr K, Never have I Ever
yr 12 stuff :)