Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:43:45 pm

Author Topic: Ask your questions about ATARNotes here!  (Read 111714 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Ask your questions about ATARNotes here!
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 02:11:14 pm »
Click here
thanks heaps guys! I think I got the hang of it

Nailed it! ;D

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 11:36:37 am »
Hi sorry this may seem stupid but I was just wondering if there is any difference between the people listed as members in the bar of 6 icons above the forums and registered users? Or are they the same thing :o

• Forum Leader
  • socratic junkie wannabe
  • Respect: +341
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 01:31:10 pm »
+2
Hi sorry this may seem stupid but I was just wondering if there is any difference between the people listed as members in the bar of 6 icons above the forums and registered users? Or are they the same thing :o
No such thing as a stupid question :)

And as far as I know, there is no difference between members and registered users.
2016–2018: Bachelor of Biomedicine (Neuroscience), The University of Melbourne
2019–2022: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Melbourne

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 03:56:24 pm »
Is there any way for a member to delete a thread they posted which is no longer relevant?  :)

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 04:04:23 pm »
Is there any way for a member to delete a thread they posted which is no longer relevant?  :)
You can delete your own replies, however you aren't allowed to delete your thread.

Which in general, shouldn't be a problem either. Is there any particular reason you want to delete a thread?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2017, 04:32:18 pm »

As Rui said, usually we don't delete threads. The reason is that even if your question has been answered or it no longer applies, the discussion within might be useful to someone else ;D

Aaron

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +1536
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 04:54:35 pm »

We are essentially a massive archive of information and knowledge... we usually will not allow deletions of threads as they may be important or relevant to another person (as has been stated above). However, if there is a genuine reason why you think it should be removed (e.g. due to a privacy concern), please feel free to contact a national mod or report the thread with 'request deletion' as the reason/message, and the mod who handles the report will use discretion to determine whether it would be in the best interest of AN for your thread to be removed.

I am stating this because I handle (on the odd occasion) requests from users to remove threads due to reasons other than personal preference.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 04:56:16 pm by Aaron »
Experience in teaching at both secondary and tertiary levels.

website // new forum profile

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 05:55:49 pm »
Thank you RuiAce, jamonwindeyer and Aaron for your swift replies.

I just wanted to delete a thread I made asking if anyone wanted to group up with me for a UMAT package discount. I only recently exceeded the max. number of people allowed into the group so thought it would be best to delete the thread just in case more people message me in the future.

I don't really see much point for it to stay on the forum as it's misleading and no longer relevant. But I totally understand why general questions about subjects could be helpful to everyone regardless of whether the poster was satisfied with the answer they got.

I can report the thread if that'll make it easier for you moderators to find. Just let me know  :)

hanaacdr

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2017, 08:11:52 am »
+5
how do i get respect on ATAR NOTES??

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2017, 10:00:48 am »
+3
Hey there! :)
Respect (as in the points you see on your profile) is earnt here by gaining upvotes on posts. Upvotes are usually given by other users if a post is super helpful  (i.e. you help someone with a question on a subject's question thread).
To upvote someone, there should be a section at the top RHS of the user's post that has the symbols - and + (Upvoting is the plus symbol of course ;) ) (except for your own, you can't upvote yourself! )
Hope this helps and let me know if you need clarification! :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2017, 10:02:21 am »
+6

On the top right-hand corner of every post, there's a small number with a plus and minus next to it; people who think the post is useful (or funny or anything else positive) hit the plus/upvote button, and if you get enough, that gradually adds up to respect.

(If you want to know, the mechanism is this.  On a single post:

+1 gains you 0 respect
+2 = 0 respect
+3 = 0.4 respect
+4 = 0.8 respect
+5 = 1.2 respect

and so on.  In other words, each upvote EXCEPT the first and second on a post gets you 0.4 respect.  So a million posts with +2 each won't get you anywhere, but a single post with +12 will get you 4 respect.)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

Rathin

• Trendsetter
  • Arthur Phillip High School
  • Respect: +9
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2017, 12:51:18 pm »
On the top right-hand corner of every post, there's a small number with a plus and minus next to it; people who think the post is useful (or funny or anything else positive) hit the plus/upvote button, and if you get enough, that gradually adds up to respect.

(If you want to know, the mechanism is this.  On a single post:

+1 gains you 0 respect
+2 = 0 respect
+3 = 0.4 respect
+4 = 0.8 respect
+5 = 1.2 respect

and so on.  In other words, each upvote EXCEPT the first and second on a post gets you 0.4 respect.  So a million posts with +2 each won't get you anywhere, but a single post with +12 will get you 4 respect.)

Do the respect points add after every post?
2017 HSC
4u | 3u | Physics | Biology | Adv Eng | PDHPE

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2017, 01:05:31 pm »
Do the respect points add after every post?
Yeah

claudia.augustine

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2017, 05:16:28 pm »
How do i find find the replies to my post on the forum if i haven't checked for a couple of days? I tried the 'show new replies to your posts' hyperlink but it just shows me the link to the forum, and usually my post is already hidden amongst hundreds other posts there..

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2017, 05:26:32 pm »
How do i find find the replies to my post on the forum if i haven't checked for a couple of days? I tried the 'show new replies to your posts' hyperlink but it just shows me the link to the forum, and usually my post is already hidden amongst hundreds other posts there..
You could always go check your own post history in your profile if you're after your own exact post.

But if you want to view the replies to your's, if it's buried among hundreds of them then you probably didn't check up on it enough. Might wanna check back more often if that is the case. Otherwise, it should only be in the last 2 pages at most, and you can always use Ctrl+F to find your name, and thus find your post.