Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:18:53 am

Author Topic: Accelerate Uni Course Selection help...  (Read 3291 times)

Chloe182

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Accelerate Uni Course Selection help...
« on: August 09, 2020, 07:42:55 pm »
Okay, so I'm currently in year 11 and I'm completing two 3/4 subjects (Psych and Music Performance) which means I have the option of doing an accelerate uni course in year 12... Now the sensible side of me is saying I should do Psychology because it's the subject I'm already 'early-accessing' however, the university that I will be doing it through isn't necessarily a uni I currently want to study at once I graduate, which means any uni "credit" I get isn't actually use-able?  - therefore it's more for the experience and learning?

So, would it be a bad idea to choose a different subject (law) that I'm interested in, to test the waters? figure out If I absolutely hate it or not...  Law has the reputation of being really hard and I haven't done any legal studies previously, (In my defense, I wanted to this year but it didn't fit with my timetable/other classes)...

I don't really enjoy history or politics so I have no idea If this subject would be right for me or not and I don't know what I want to study after high school because I am good at and enjoy psychology... But is it what I want? I'm not entirely sure...

What should I do? I'd definitely put effort in to whichever I choose... but I'm just really unsure what subject.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 07:44:32 pm by Chloe182 »
[2020]: 3/4 Psych, 3/4 Music Performance
[2021]: ?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Accelerate Uni Course Selection help...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 08:02:35 pm »
+1
Okay, so I'm currently in year 11 and I'm completing two 3/4 subjects (Psych and Music Performance) which means I have the option of doing an accelerate uni course in year 12... Now the sensible side of me is saying I should do Psychology because it's the subject I'm already 'early-accessing' however, the university that I will be doing it through isn't necessarily a uni I currently want to study at once I graduate, which means any uni "credit" I get isn't actually use-able?  - therefore it's more for the experience and learning?

So, would it be a bad idea to choose a different subject (law) that I'm interested in, to test the waters? figure out If I absolutely hate it or not...  Law has the reputation of being really hard and I haven't done any legal studies previously, (In my defense, I wanted to this year but it didn't fit with my timetable/other classes)...

I don't really enjoy history or politics so I have no idea If this subject would be right for me or not and I don't know what I want to study after high school because I am good at and enjoy psychology... But is it what I want? I'm not entirely sure...

What should I do? I'd definitely put effort in to whichever I choose... but I'm just really unsure what subject.

It depends on the uni and what units you complete but it is possible to get credit for subjects completed at other universities.

I think it is ok to do a subject in year 12 at the same time as doing the university units. i.e. I completed VCE chem and MUEP Chemistry in the same year. Although, possibly this is not the best option for everyone.

What uni are you planning to do the university units from? Also what subjects will you be doing in year 12?

Chloe182

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Accelerate Uni Course Selection help...
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 08:06:58 pm »

What uni are you planning to do the university units from? Also what subjects will you be doing in year 12?

I'd be doing the uni course at Deakin and I plan to do English, Media, Software Development and * Legal Studies *, in year 12 (which is what will allow me to do the Law Uni Course)

[2020]: 3/4 Psych, 3/4 Music Performance
[2021]: ?