Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 02:38:30 pm

Author Topic: How many practice exams should I do in year 12?  (Read 4454 times)  Share 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
How many practice exams should I do in year 12?
« on: March 30, 2021, 05:17:39 pm »
+1
How many practice exams did you guys do? I am thinking of doing 1 everyday until my final exams, I tend to get quite stressed when I am not doing well :(

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
Re: How many practice exams should I do in year 12?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 05:24:21 pm »
+2
How many practice exams did you guys do? I am thinking of doing 1 everyday until my final exams, I tend to get quite stressed when I am not doing well :(
Don't burn out or get tired out! Do you mean everyday from now? You'll be sick and tired of the subject (in my opinion)!
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
Re: How many practice exams should I do in year 12?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 05:57:53 pm »
+3
If you mean starting NOW– I think rather than aiming to complete full exams at this point in the year, completing a few practice exam questions on the topic you are studying for each subject and getting them marked would a more productive and efficient revision strategy. I personally have borrowed a copy of the Checkpoints book for each of my subjects from my local library and I try to complete a couple here and there– doing a few at a time and working my way up to full exams helps digest the content better and not burn myself out trying to answer questions we have not covered in class yet.

If you mean later during SWOTVAC season– for HHD I didn't do full practice exams until the week before my exam, and in the end I only completed 2 and a half fully-timed exams.
I also know a few friends of mine in Further Maths last year did practice exams every day and found it really helpful. I don't think there is a definitive answer on how many practice exams to do– I guess it really depends on the subject and the person. I'd say starting now, try starting off exam prep with a couple of questions at a time (maybe aim for around 5-10 a week?) and see how you go.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 06:01:28 pm by blueycan »