Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:44:20 am

Author Topic: Advice for Studying  (Read 2567 times)  Share 

damytoui

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Advice for Studying
« on: October 08, 2021, 03:02:54 pm »
+1
I'm struggling to think of ways to study for the 3/4 exam. So far I've just been going over flashcards from my SACS and practice questions from the textbook and worksheets. Any advice on what to do to ensure I know all the content?

theboots

• Adventurer
  • h'lo
Re: Advice for Studying
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 04:14:29 pm »
+2
Heyy damytoui :D

Yeah I'm working on Legal studies right now too!! ive got my last SAC on monday :-[ you done your last one yet?
For me personally, I like to handwrite all the definitions I struggle with understanding the most - but that might not help everyone

Heres some more helpful things you could do:
- Go onto VCAA website and download some past exam papers and do those (the most successful legal students I know did SO many past papers, like 20 (crazy but must work!!)
- Download some atar notes notes (hahaha) written by previous students
- Learn and learn and learn how to respond to different types of questions, for example 'define', 'discuss', 'evaluate' etc etc
- Don't shy away from the big markers!! I do this...... but yeah I'm trying not to!! (can i get a stickkerrr?)
- Stick revision notes around your house (i thought this was stupid, but then i did it and it was really really GREAT!!)
- Looking up when your learning is apparently better (stick stuff on your ceiling maybe? i actually havent tried this)
- Also apparently looking at something 40 times is enough to stick it into your brain
- STUDY BUDDIES!!!! testing each other and asking each other questions is grrrreatt
- Apparently (again) having a little nap after revising something will help it stick in your brain

Anyway apart from that make sure you do plenty of excercise (hahhaa look at me i cant even SPELL the word :o) drink lots of water, and GOOD LUCK!! I'll be thinkin of ya (hug emoji)

damytoui

• Fresh Poster
Re: Advice for Studying
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 10:17:36 pm »
Heyy damytoui :D

Yeah I'm working on Legal studies right now too!! ive got my last SAC on monday :-[ you done your last one yet?
For me personally, I like to handwrite all the definitions I struggle with understanding the most - but that might not help everyone

Heres some more helpful things you could do:
- Go onto VCAA website and download some past exam papers and do those (the most successful legal students I know did SO many past papers, like 20 (crazy but must work!!)
- Download some atar notes notes (hahaha) written by previous students
- Learn and learn and learn how to respond to different types of questions, for example 'define', 'discuss', 'evaluate' etc etc
- Don't shy away from the big markers!! I do this...... but yeah I'm trying not to!! (can i get a stickkerrr?)
- Stick revision notes around your house (i thought this was stupid, but then i did it and it was really really GREAT!!)
- Looking up when your learning is apparently better (stick stuff on your ceiling maybe? i actually havent tried this)
- Also apparently looking at something 40 times is enough to stick it into your brain
- STUDY BUDDIES!!!! testing each other and asking each other questions is grrrreatt
- Apparently (again) having a little nap after revising something will help it stick in your brain

Anyway apart from that make sure you do plenty of excercise (hahhaa look at me i cant even SPELL the word :o) drink lots of water, and GOOD LUCK!! I'll be thinkin of ya (hug emoji)

Ur so sweet thanks so much. Good luck with revision for ur SAC and the exam! (yes I've done my last SAC we crammed them all into term 3)