Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:03:04 pm

Author Topic: help with picking subjects...  (Read 2500 times)

moopcrayon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
help with picking subjects...
« on: January 12, 2022, 08:12:24 pm »
+3
Hi i'm in yr 9 and we have to pick electives now so... :)
I think i'm gonna do a medicine pathway
English
Chem
Bio
1 or 2 maths subjects
Physics maybe
Chinese second language standard maybe
French/german maybe

I've done german for 2 years but my new school doesn't have it. I've heard that with chinese competition can be pretty intense (so i may not have a good chance of getting high marks) French I've never done before, i am wondering if it'd be easy to catch up.
I might do 2 languages as they both scale pretty high, and physics not really.
So idk...
and also there's  2 electives we can pick; i am interested in international studies, chinese and french. IS i am kinda interested in, but probs won't make it a VCE subject. the biggest perk with chinese is that I've done it before in singapre and my family can help me. So yeah, pls help!

yorktown

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: help with picking subjects...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2022, 05:26:26 pm »
+1
Hi. Are these for your VCE subjects in Year 10, or is it just planning for the future? If it's for year 10, I'd definitely recommend doing a science subject, just because they're very content heavy and one of of the way before Year 12.

If you're still interested in German, The Victorian School Of Languages offers classes for students whose schools don't offer languages and you can take the classes remotely, or face to face, outside of school hours. Of course, you'll only be able to do the VCE units during VCE. I have a friend who is doing u1&2 for French, and I've heard good things about it so don't worry about if your school doesn't offer language subjects. It might be difficult to catch up to French especially if you don't have experience in the language. You've got a maximum of two years to catch up if you take French unit1&2 in Year 11 and finish in Year 11 but that's up to you if you think that time will be enough for you. Hope all goes well, you've still got plenty of time.

VCE 2023 and 2024