Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:17:12 am

Author Topic: JMSS Year 10 Class of 2017 :D  (Read 62427 times)  Share 

Shinkaze

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +3
Re: JMSS Year 10 Class of 2017 :D
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2014, 11:51:15 am »
Ill have to save up for a good laptop otherwise I will have to use my current schools one. Parents already bought me an iphone 6 for a gift for getting into jmss so i cant ask for a new laptop. If I get enough, I will probably go for a convertible windows one. They are light, small and very handy  ;)

Wow your parents give you a gift for getting in? I honestly got nothing LOL What are your budget for a good laptop? I want a convertible windows laptop too but I don't think my parents are gonna get it for me since we already have an iPad...

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
  • School: JMSS
  • School Grad Year: 2017
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 09:57:57 am »
Did we ever talk about what science electives we wanted to choose or anything else ?? So what electives are u peeps interested in?
There's too much good stuff about jmss to talk about do didnt know what to say.

Ahaha, I thought I made my mind up, but now I can't decide my electives - they're all really cool. How about you?

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 10:00:39 am »
Yeah we do get our own iPads :D
I face the same problem as to get windows or apple too ahahah! Oh also since you have a Macbook, can you tell me when I use Microsoft, do I need to buy a different Microsoft? (as in, like do Microsoft have a Mac version and Windows version that I have to buy separately? ) I'm mainly looking for one which is good enough for gaming since my laptop shut down every 2 minutes in game :( (I know this shouldn't be my purpose to get a new laptop but I like my work on pencils and paper so...)

I'll PM you about it. :)

Rilin

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 02:13:32 pm »
But, I'm planning on getting a new laptop, and I don't know what to choose. It's such a difficult decision. First-world problems. Ahaha Help me out guys.

Why don't you get both? I've seen it done on other computers.  ;D

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 02:26:05 pm »
Why don't you get both? I've seen it done on other computers.  ;D

Wait? You mean get two laptops, or get one laptop with both windows and mac?

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 02:33:09 pm »
Ill have to save up for a good laptop otherwise I will have to use my current schools one. Parents already bought me an iphone 6 for a gift for getting into jmss so i cant ask for a new laptop. If I get enough, I will probably go for a convertible windows one. They are light, small and very handy  ;)

Hey, same goes for me! My parents are getting me an iPhone 6 plus for getting in as well!! What laptop do you have at your current school? 

Rilin

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »
Wait? You mean get two laptops, or get one laptop with both windows and mac?
I mean one laptop with both windows and mac. It would be silly to buy two computers.

SKGUN11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 9+10=21
  • Respect: 0
  • School: John Monash Science School
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2014, 03:05:00 pm »
Hey, same goes for me! My parents are getting me an iPhone 6 plus for getting in as well!! What laptop do you have at your current school?
Haha, its a hp envy 4. But its kinda slow and i think too big to transport everywhere  :( What about you?

What are your budget for a good laptop?
Tbh, I have no idea, depends on how much I get. :( Just looking for a cheap convertible windows laptop with at least an i5 processor.
:D

Jamin2906

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • My dog is a derp
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2014, 04:07:54 pm »

We have the lenovo yoga 2

SKGUN11

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • 9+10=21
  • School: John Monash Science School
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 09:19:52 pm »
We have the lenovo yoga 2
WOW are you serious! Thats amazing!! What school do you go to, if its ok? You can PM if you like! Haha, the only school I know that has lenovo yogas is Nossal High cos a few of my mates go there.
:D

southmelbdimsim

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2014, 01:13:37 pm »

:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

I got nothing ....

Maybe I should come and live at your place on the off chance of getting an Iphone 6 ...

southmelbdimsim

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2014, 01:22:30 pm »
Hi everybody!!

I can confirm that for 2015 you need to bring your own laptop.  My parents just spoke to the principle this morning.

Time to re-image my laptop ....

For those who prefer other OS, you can always run a virtual image on your machine or dual boot.

Apparently for the buddy system, you are assign a buddy from year 11 who is in your tutorial group so they can help you out with anything you need to adjust to the school.  I hope I get someone I like.  It would be really bad to be stuck with someone you don't get on with.

Only 2 days to go for the information night!

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2014, 02:52:18 pm »
Haha, its a hp envy 4. But its kinda slow and i think too big to transport everywhere  :( What about you?

macbook 

I mean one laptop with both windows and mac. It would be silly to buy two computers.

what are these laptops called? soz, i'm not exactly up-to-date with my knowledge on laptops :P LOL, i have two pcs... i have to admit it can be a little silly... but it does come in pretty handy tbh :p

chelonianlover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2014, 02:53:31 pm »
just saying, but im really sad - today's the last day for holidays :P :(

Shinkaze

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2014, 04:35:41 pm »
just saying, but im really sad - today's the last day for holidays :P :(

Damn we had already started school today....

Apparently for the buddy system, you are assign a buddy from year 11 who is in your tutorial group so they can help you out with anything you need to adjust to the school.  I hope I get someone I like.  It would be really bad to be stuck with someone you don't get on with.

100% agree on this... I really hope I get someone that I can at least connect with...