Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 02:02:39 pm

Author Topic: Unit 1 & 2 practice exams?  (Read 8108 times)  Share 

mollyf21

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
Unit 1 & 2 practice exams?
« on: September 19, 2017, 06:51:37 pm »
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has any practice exams or other revision material for biology units 1 & 2 to use in preparation for the upcoming exams?

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Unit 1 & 2 practice exams?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 07:07:26 pm »
+5
Hi Guys,
Just wondering if anyone has any practice exams or other revision material for biology units 1 & 2 to use in preparation for the upcoming exams?
Hi there :)

Best to ask your teacher/school for resources, as most things are subject to copyright regulations and can't be shared here (doing so breaches forum rules). I believe you can purchase them from companies, but if you go to your teacher and ask, if they don't already have stuff, they'll be able to get the school to buy them so you won't have to.

Apart from that, things such as Checkpoints are worth the investment if you're going to commit to answering questions :)

mollyf21

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 07:50:31 pm »
Hi there :)

Best to ask your teacher/school for resources, as most things are subject to copyright regulations and can't be shared here (doing so breaches forum rules). I believe you can purchase them from companies, but if you go to your teacher and ask, if they don't already have stuff, they'll be able to get the school to buy them so you won't have to.

Apart from that, things such as Checkpoints are worth the investment if you're going to commit to answering questions :)
Oh I hadn't realised that! Thanks so much!

biology1234

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 07:39:57 pm »
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone can send me personally any unit 1 and 2 exams. I would appreciate so much

s110820

• MOTM: April 20
  • QCE Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • you'll be everything to the right someone
  • Respect: +151
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 05:29:07 pm »
+3
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone can send me personally any unit 1 and 2 exams. I would appreciate so much

Hey biology1234,

As K888 (on this forum thread) and Owlbird83 (on your forum post) mentioned, it is against the ATAR Notes rules to request for and to distribute external resources (not owned by ATAR Notes) on the forums and via private messages. Not only as this is a copyright infringement, it is also illegal in many circumstances and can result in detrimental consequences. My best advice for you would be to ask your teachers for some resources, look at the VCE curriculum website and access the Unit 1 and 2 exams available on Tutesmart (you would need to create an account and pay for a subscription).

However, if you do choose to access the Tutesmart resources, it's integral to only use these resources for your own personal needs and benefit, and hence, not share or distribute these resources elsewhere as it can be costly for both you and AN.

If you have any other questions, queries or concerns about this, feel free to ask me, any of the other moderators and/or the admins if you are unsure about any of the AN rules.

Have a great weekend and kind regards,

Darcy Dillon.
QUT 2021 - Bachelor of Education (Primary).

biology1234

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 04:13:34 pm »
Hi,
Thank you for informing me about this as I did not know that it was illegal. Currently, my teacher has not given us any exams, I will try and get Tutesmart, hopefully this is consistent with all schools. I think my message must have gone through twice.
I was wondering are you allowed to help me with my questions, if so I have one. I will attach below
Thank you

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 06:57:29 pm »
+2
I was wondering are you allowed to help me with my questions, if so I have one. I will attach below
Thank you

Hi biology1234,

To do this question, it's important to remember how the outputs of photosynthesis (oxygen & glucose) are the inputs of cellular respiration, and the outputs of cellular respiration (carbon dioxide & water) are the inputs of photosynthesis.
diagram
Because of this, if the plant has an output of oxygen, you could assume that photosynthesis is occurring at a faster rate than cellular respiration. And vice versa, if the plant is taking in oxygen, you could assume that cellular resp is occurring at a faster rate than photosynthesis (this would happen in the dark when photosynthesis isn't really happening).
So, when you look at this graph they've given you, at 10 light units, you can see that there's zero input or output of oxygen, which suggests that photosynthesis and cellular respiration are occurring at the same rate.
Hope that helps :)
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)

biology1234

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 04:10:24 pm »
+1
Oh thank you for that, so the answer would be C. Is this correct