Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 10:29:42 am

Author Topic: Less than 24 hours to go...  (Read 1430 times)  Share 

paigek3

• Forum Obsessive
  • My name is Ella
  • Respect: +126
Less than 24 hours to go...
« on: October 29, 2017, 04:43:45 pm »
+2
How crazy that in 24 hours time our high school English careers will be over forever. It's bittersweet, because even though this year English has been a struggle at times for myself, it has been one of my favourite subjects since I was about eight years old, so it is weird it is coming to an end. Although, I am planning to go on and do journalism sooo I guess it is not completely out of my life  ;D

Aaaanyways, how is everyone feeling, what is everyone doing, what are your plans for the wait until the exam?

Personally, I have memorised my creative and the quotes I will be using for my essay, and am working on my introduction before finalising that to memorise that also. I was going to attempt to memorise my generic essay, but I am worried that I won't adapt it to the question as well as I know some others could, so I am just focusing on the evidence that I am planning on using and how I will be describing its affect.

I haaate afternoon exams, cause although it does mean a sleep in, the wait sucks so much!!!! Might watch Suits to kill time :P

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to hearing about what your plans are :)
HSC subjects
Advanced English | Extension 1 English | Extension 2 English | Legal Studies | PDHPE | Society and Culture | General 2 Maths

Need HSC tutoring, mentoring or essay marking? I'm offering all of that online! Check out all the offers, pricing and details here https://bandsevenhsctutoring.wordpress.com/blog/ and feel free to get in contact with me if you want any more info :)

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: Less than 24 hours to go...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 05:00:59 pm »
+1
How crazy that in 24 hours time our high school English careers will be over forever. It's bittersweet, because even though this year English has been a struggle at times for myself, it has been one of my favourite subjects since I was about eight years old, so it is weird it is coming to an end. Although, I am planning to go on and do journalism sooo I guess it is not completely out of my life  ;D

Aaaanyways, how is everyone feeling, what is everyone doing, what are your plans for the wait until the exam?

Personally, I have memorised my creative and the quotes I will be using for my essay, and am working on my introduction before finalising that to memorise that also. I was going to attempt to memorise my generic essay, but I am worried that I won't adapt it to the question as well as I know some others could, so I am just focusing on the evidence that I am planning on using and how I will be describing its affect.

I haaate afternoon exams, cause although it does mean a sleep in, the wait sucks so much!!!! Might watch Suits to kill time :P

Good luck everyone! Looking forward to hearing about what your plans are :)

Same! Creative and essay quotes are memorised! Doing some small things now eg. making sure my quotes and texts can all adapt to all Romantic paradigms that can be asked etc. and while I think I've looked at them all, I might see if I can find some tricky creative or essay prompts to adapt my stuff to. But other than that it is again the weird feeling that I have heaps of time to study and feel like I could sneak in some French and Art study, but seeing I've got 1 day between each to study I should be sweet. Might just hit up the gym for an hour or so to take a nice break and get away from the heat haha and other than that I guess just make sure everything is 100% adaptable! If you are planning on memorising a generic essay, what I did was broke my essay from the trials into dot points of the key ideas in each paragraph as to get rid of unnecessary info that changes dependent on the question. That way I now know the essence of the ideas and ways of thinking of my texts. Also if you look at past paper questions that challenge you, as you said, writing an intro for each is a really good way to prepare how you would argue it! Hopefully it's not as hot tomorrow afternoon :P
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!