Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:51:54 pm

Author Topic: Study tips  (Read 1748 times)  Share 

A.dolan

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Study tips
« on: April 03, 2018, 04:26:59 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'll be taking the selective school exams in about two months and need some help. My first preference is Nossal and I am attending two tuitions: James An College and Henderson. I often find it hard to concentrate and get easily distracted while studying. Some useful tips for studying, keeping on track and memorising information easily would be very helpful.

Thank you!

username2000

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Re: Study tips
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 06:13:47 pm »
Hi everyone,

I'll be taking the selective school exams in about two months and need some help. My first preference is Nossal and I am attending two tuitions: James An College and Henderson. I often find it hard to concentrate and get easily distracted while studying. Some useful tips for studying, keeping on track and memorising information easily would be very helpful.

Thank you!
Hey!
erm...depends on the person
i like listening to music..it also blocks out background noise + puts u in the mood 8)
write notes in pencil then go over in pen...
draw pictures and digrams
make notes colourful and easy & interesting to read ;D

cloudyy

• Forum Regular
  • !
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 12:03:47 am »
Hi! I guess I'll be meeting you in two months lol even tho my first preference is Mac.Rob :)

I get distracted A LOT so here's some tips that helped me!

1. Listen to white noise
It really depends on person what white noise makes you concentrated. Personally, water noise makes me concentrated but you might get concentrated by wind sound, beach sound etc.

2. Remove things that would distract you.
This is more important than listening to white noise, REMOVE ANYTHING that would distract you like books, art supplies, ELECTRONIC DEVICES (VERY important to remove) and anything else that would distract you. and always keep your room clean!

Hope I helped in anyway :)

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 07:24:54 am »
1. As others suggested, you could try blocking out the sound with headphones
2. Write out a study timetable - I was never a fan of this until recently because I've written myself one for the 2 week break coming up
3. Have detailed yet succinct notes and maybe transfer them onto flashcards, put them into mind maps BUT what's more important is that you put the information that you learn into practice (past papers etc.) and hand them to your teacher for marking
4. I know you didn't ask this but if you're lacking motivation to study, I always watch a youtube video of study you tubers (Unjaded Jade, Ruby Granger, Revision with Eve) basically anyone who films 'Study with me" videos as it really inspires me (do this before studying not during so that you don't get distracted!)

Hope this helps!  :)
2018 HSC

username2000

• Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 10:32:13 am »
Hi everyone,

Thank you!
what subjects r u studying for?

_jen_012.x

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2018, 10:45:06 pm »
If you get distracted on like your phone (like I do) use the app ‘Forest’ which basically grows virtual trees if you don’t go on your phone for a set time. Like others suggest, listen to music and make sure you have good notes that are easy to remember on hand for questions. Also allow yourself a break every once and a while :)
class of 21’

subjects: glopol (2020) english economics philosophy further