Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 08:03:33 am

Author Topic: JMSS 2021 Entry  (Read 112646 times)  Share 

Maths4life44444444

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: JMSS 2021 Entry
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2020, 08:19:18 pm »
how was the test? was it hard?

I mean it wasn’t super hard but the little time that is given makes it much harder. To be honest I thought I did horrible hahaha.

If you are doing the exam best of luck!!!

Maths4life44444444

• Adventurer
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2020, 08:21:40 pm »

do they give u a copy of the questions they will ask?

No I wish, I’m just guessing general questions they may ask.

Maths4life44444444

• Adventurer
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2020, 08:24:21 pm »
What essay topics did you guys do for the online test?

I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) that there was science, maths, science reasoning and maths reasoning I don’t really remember anymore sorry.

BlitzFizz

• Adventurer
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2020, 08:35:18 pm »
Sorry, I meant what topics did you guys do for the essays

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2020, 09:37:27 pm »
I dont think there was an essay for the year 11s this year.
Becuase the test was online.

yagru66

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2020, 09:54:27 pm »
+1
Hey guys I'm in year 8 wanting to do the John Monash exam. When you guys were online doing the test, did you use the internet and stuff to help u with ur test?

ConfusedDragon

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2020, 07:00:52 pm »

do they give u a copy of the questions they will ask?

probably not you would have to find them yourself on the web.

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2020, 02:40:18 pm »
a question to anyone who did the year 11 exam this year

1. were the questions more calculation based, which would be very time consuming like eg: 400 x 33 divided by 47, which these type of questions requires very quick calculation and where not everyone would finish but the questions are very straight forward and every one would understand?

2. were the questions more knowledge based like find the line of symmetry for the graph, or find the equation of this parabola. these type of questions can be done quickly, but not everyone can do it because they dont know, or understand, or know the concept.

3. if they were a mix, could u please tell me which type of questions were the majority.

thank you, to anyone who answers my question, you are a good human being

haithere

• Forum Regular
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2020, 07:05:50 pm »
Hellooooo. I am seriously freaking out cuz i heard that the yr 11 entance exam did not require exam takers to write informative or procedural essays this year as the exams were done online, and these are my best areas!! Could anyone who did the year 11 exam please once again confirm if this was the case and also whether this would be most likely the same for the year 9's doing the exam for year 10 entrance. And i also heard in place of the essays there was another science paper in addition to science reasoning.

yes im pretty sure that there was no essay based on the previous posts on this forum.
however i did not know that there was another test in place of the essay. if there actually was another test could someone tell me the names of each test on the exam
thanks

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2020, 07:30:00 pm »
yes im pretty sure that there was no essay based on the previous posts on this forum.
however i did not know that there was another test in place of the essay. if there actually was another test could someone tell me the names of each test on the exam
thanks

Wait, does that mean that if we don't do the essay during the online exam, then we have to do another seperate exam after wards?

Brazucareal

• Adventurer
  • Delightful
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2020, 10:25:18 pm »
+1
Hello people who are trying for JMSS,
I am a current student at JMSS and thought I could give the small advice for you guys not to stress about the exam as it is would be the least important part of the selection process (the interview is the hardest). Due to COVID-19 restriction, the integrity of this test is valued very lowly compared to the interview process which is because writing exams online is much more difficult compared to what would happen on pen and paper. So a piece of advice on writing the exam this year is to practice doing the test online if possible on softwares like IXL and online multiple-choice questions. Writing tasks might also pop-up in the form of timed practice tests as this is what has previously happened at our school during English sacs. So basically be prepared for your usual 6-tests strategy and don't worry that you have a disadvantage compared to others because even they also do  :P.

All the best for your exams!! 8) 8)
(oh and also be prepared to take the test in weird formats, I'm not sure what they might do but I've had a test on WEBEX and CANVAS and it was horribly planned. hopefully it becomes better for the official exam!!)

Feel free to private message me on this and I might get back to you based on how often I look on this!!
JMSS - 2021

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2020, 12:31:12 pm »
Hello people who are trying for JMSS,
I am a current student at JMSS and thought I could give the small advice for you guys not to stress about the exam as it is would be the least important part of the selection process (the interview is the hardest). Due to COVID-19 restriction, the integrity of this test is valued very lowly compared to the interview process which is because writing exams online is much more difficult compared to what would happen on pen and paper. So a piece of advice on writing the exam this year is to practice doing the test online if possible on softwares like IXL and online multiple-choice questions. Writing tasks might also pop-up in the form of timed practice tests as this is what has previously happened at our school during English sacs. So basically be prepared for your usual 6-tests strategy and don't worry that you have a disadvantage compared to others because even they also do  :P.

All the best for your exams!! 8) 8)
(oh and also be prepared to take the test in weird formats, I'm not sure what they might do but I've had a test on WEBEX and CANVAS and it was horribly planned. hopefully it becomes better for the official exam!!)

Feel free to private message me on this and I might get back to you based on how often I look on this!!

Does that mean we will be recorded during exams.

BlitzFizz

• Adventurer
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2020, 12:02:58 pm »
Did anyone 'bend the rules' during the test?

010000studyhard

• Forum Regular
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2020, 02:29:04 pm »
Did anyone 'bend the rules' during the test?

Which year level exam are you talking about?

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2020, 04:04:32 pm »
He is talking about if anyone cheated on the year 11 exam.