Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 05:05:44 am

Author Topic: Trying out for macrob in 2020 to hopefully get in , in 2021. Anyone else? Tips?  (Read 31528 times)  Share 

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Hopefully it will still be at the showgrounds. But how many students are in your Year 8 Cohort? The selective schools can only take a maximum of 5% of your Year 8 Cohort.
"It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing."

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Hopefully it will still be at the showgrounds. But how many students are in your Year 8 Cohort? The selective schools can only take a maximum of 5% of your Year 8 Cohort.
Theres around 90 people in my cohort like max but no one else except my friend and I r doing the test. Hbu?

runa123

• Forum Regular
Theres around 90 people in my cohort like max but no one else except my friend and I r doing the test. Hbu?
I think I'm the only person doing the test in my year

Alomoac

• Trendsetter

I have about 150-170ish students in my cohort and from what I know of, 5 are applying from my school.

runa123

• Forum Regular
If you went to a school that had like 10 students and you were the only one applying you wouldn't be subject to the 5 percent rule

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
At the moment, I'm just hoping that the test will still be at the showgrounds, just to ensure that everybody has the same level playing field. We apparently will be getting updates on the the 14th, 5 days before the exam.

runa123

• Forum Regular
I suck at creatives in short amounts of time, persuasive I'm fine at. My mind is too jumbled for creatives. Hoping it's persuasive

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
Same, sometimes I forget what I was planning to write then my story just strays from the main plot. I am hoping for persuasive too. Do you know if we do get persuasive, will we get statistics to use as evidence in our essay?

runa123

• Forum Regular
Same, sometimes I forget what I was planning to write then my story just strays from the main plot. I am hoping for persuasive too. Do you know if we do get persuasive, will we get statistics to use as evidence in our essay?
We probably won't get many statistics but, there might be one from each side

runa123

• Forum Regular
the practice persuasive on the official website has a quote from one side and statistics from the other

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
When I did practice exams I usually got a small paragraph on the topic and then the topic sentence. Idk it that'll happen in the actual exam tho. Is everyone on this forum trying out for either Macrob or Suzanne?

runa123

• Forum Regular
When I did practice exams I usually got a small paragraph on the topic and then the topic sentence. Idk it that'll happen in the actual exam tho. Is everyone on this forum trying out for either Macrob or Suzanne?
I'm applying to Mac.Rob!

Alomoac

• Trendsetter

I'm applying for Suzanne Cory. My head hurts like crazy right now. Maybe I need to get more sleep.

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
I'm applying to Mac.Rob!
Sweet so am I!! I think theres like 2,000 others who are applying as well for Macrob lol

runa123

• Forum Regular
Sweet so am I!! I think theres like 2,000 others who are applying as well for Macrob lol
We might be future classmates what language are you planning on doing?