Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:37:38 am

Author Topic: Trying out for macrob in 2020 to hopefully get in , in 2021. Anyone else? Tips?  (Read 31149 times)  Share 

runa123

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Yeah definitely but like it'd be hard to do it online coz like nearly 4,000 people r doing it and there's gonna be some sort of I.T problem and you can't keep track of everyone's camera and surrounding. Idk tho 🤷‍♀️
Even if we did end up doing the test at the Showgrounds, we would probably have a two week quarantine because there'd be some kid who gets covid-19

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
I really don't want to do the test online. It seems there are many ways to cheat and I can't trust people, my internet also sometimes drops out as well. I get headaches after reading or being on screen for a long time too.
"It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing."

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
I really don't want to do the test online. It seems there are many ways to cheat and I can't trust people, my internet also sometimes drops out as well. I get headaches after reading or being on screen for a long time too.

I agree, its definitely a risk coz people will have the opportunity to cheat and I guess it would be deemed unfair to those who don't cheat and actually try their hardest but don't get an offer from a school because of those who cheated.

runa123

• Forum Regular
I hate doing tests online, I can't concentrate.

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
I hate doing tests online, I can't concentrate.

Same, btw do u think to get into Macrob you'll need like atleast 3 superiors out of 5

runa123

• Forum Regular
I have a question:
Why did everyone decide to apply to a selective school?
(I wanted to go to a more academically focused school, my mum also encouraged me)

runa123

• Forum Regular
Same, btw do u think to get into Macrob you'll need like atleast 3 superiors out of 5
probably, I'm hoping to get three because it gives a fairly good chance

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
I have a question:
Why did everyone decide to apply to a selective school?
(I wanted to go to a more academically focused school, my mum also encouraged me)

That's my reason as well, Macrob has great VCE results and because I wanna focus on Science as a core subject for VCE my parents recommended I try out for selective.

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
probably, I'm hoping to get three because it gives a fairly good chance
Have you done practice tests, like I've done a few but idk what scores mean superior and above average and etc.

runa123

• Forum Regular
Have you done practice tests, like I've done a few but idk what scores mean superior and above average and etc.
Yes, I've done quite a few
Henderson's tests are a lot easier than the real test I think.
If you do JAC the teacher's have told us those are slightly harder than the real test, the top category is a superior
I guess aim for like at least 85% ish
There are some tests where the superior score is higher than others.
The superiors depend on how well the rest of the people score

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
Does anyone have the link for the selective server on discord ??

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
I've done quite a few practice tests from James An. The practice tests are hard and I rarely score higher than 60%/70%. I really want to get into Suazzane Cory though!

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
I've done quite a few practice tests from James An. The practice tests are hard and I rarely score higher than 60%/70%. I really want to get into Suazzane Cory though!

I went to JAC at the start but couldnt het more than 50% lol but I quit and joined a different tutoring. Do you think getting say 35/50 and 42/60 would be enough to get atleast an Above Average. And good luck with that I'm sure you'll so great I'm hoping to get into Macrob 😁

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
I went to JAC at the start but couldnt het more than 50% lol but I quit and joined a different tutoring. Do you think getting say 35/50 and 42/60 would be enough to get atleast an Above Average. And good luck with that I'm sure you'll so great I'm hoping to get into Macrob 😁

I think it depends how the other students at your school that also applied performs. My sister got into Suazzane with an average and not 1 superior because her school didn't have many students that performed well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:39:46 pm by Alomoac »

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
I think it depends how the other students at your school that also applied performs. I sister got into Suazzane with an average and not 1 superior because her school didn't have many students that performed well.
Ahh okok theres only 2 people at my school doing the test including me, my parents say that the test will probably be still conducted at the show grounds but we'll have to get our temperature checked and our parents arent allowed in and stuff.