Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:10:32 pm

Author Topic: Trying out for macrob in 2020 to hopefully get in , in 2021. Anyone else? Tips?  (Read 31164 times)  Share 

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Yea I'm applying for MHS Year 9 entry. There was also a few typos in this weeks maths as well.

Good luck on the exam and it is really infuriating with the typos. I'm applying for Suzanne Cory.
"It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing."

runa123

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
and sometimes they get things wrong, like they won't have a single right answer,
This week I knew I was right because it was a simple equation and they had no right answer so then I used a calculator and there was no right answer

• MOTM: July 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +158
there was one time where all the right answers were in bold
Yeah I remember that lmao. Perhaps we should move this discussion to Casual chat so we don't over fill the recent posts board.

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
Pretty good, I usually get around 80-85% on the tests so I'm coping well I think

Is this the TT Edu exams and also under timed test conditions? If so that is quite impressive. I've seen those exams as I have a younger sibling sitting the exam next year. They are not easy and have some bizarre questions at the year 10-12 level for things like Math...
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

runa123

• Forum Regular
Is this the TT Edu exams and also under timed test conditions? If so that is quite impressive. I've seen those exams as I have a younger sibling sitting the exam next year. They are not easy and have some bizarre questions at the year 10-12 level for things like Math...
I time myself and when we had on location tutoring they used to time us, the topics became gradually harder and the times became shorter so we used to get 5 minute extensions (not sure if other people had this)!

id_in_progress

• Forum Regular
The test dates been decided!

aDistraction

• Adventurer
RIP life

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
+2
RIP life
Hey, I'm sorry to see that you say that.

I'm not a professional, but if you need help, definitely reach out. If you prefer someone off the forums, some important contacts are BeyondBlue (https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/get-immediate-support), KidsHelpline (https://kidshelpline.com.au), and HeadSpace (https://headspace.org.au).  :)
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Green_turtle

• Fresh Poster
RIP life

It's not the end of your life.

If you are academic, you will do really well at any school iMO. The school won't define you.

Are your parents ok or r they pissed/upset?

aDistraction

• Adventurer
It's not the end of your life.

If you are academic, you will do really well at any school iMO. The school won't define you.

Are your parents ok or r they pissed/upset?

They’re pissed. And upset. I’m gonna try out for yr 10 nxt yr and they’re refusing to send me for tuition. So that’s going grEat.

waterangel82

• Forum Regular
  • 'The world is quiet here.'
  • Respect: +24
+3
They’re pissed. And upset. I’m gonna try out for yr 10 nxt yr and they’re refusing to send me for tuition. So that’s going grEat.

Hey,

First of all, its ok to feel upset. I understand you're disappointed, and so are your parents. But it's important to remember that even though you're not able to get into macrob this year, it's not the end of your academic career. There have been many people from non-select entry public schools who have scored 99+, and honestly, even if you end up attending macrob, you can't guarantee that you will necessarily do very well (have seen cases where people who did better than me in the select entry exam get a much lower ATAR in the end).

I think your parents may have a good reason not to pay for your tuition. If your current school's decent and there are a few dedicated teachers, if you stay at your current school and work hard, there will be teachers who go above and beyond and help you to achieve the best academically. On the other hand, being an ex select entry student myself, I've had some of the worst teachers I've ever encountered, and had to rely on a lot of self-study to push through. That saying, I did not attend Macrob, so teachers there might be quite different. But I just wanted to let you know that it's not the end all be all, and you can still do really well even if you don't get in.
2017 ATAR: 99.20

Sanju271

• Adventurer
Hi

Can you please give me your creative writing storylines for selective school

thankx
abhi

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
Hi

Can you please give me your creative writing storylines for selective school

thankx
abhi

you can check some out on jayce's video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBYoRpCs-J8

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
+1
on this day last year, i took the selective entrance exam and failed

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3xJQbShFwwWVubDO3f6uWB?si=91e94a5bb3474e5f

gg