Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:31:32 am

Author Topic: Am I the only one who found numerical hard but maths, easy?  (Read 4628 times)  Share 

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
Am I the only one who found numerical hard but maths, easy?
« on: August 03, 2019, 09:43:37 am »
MATHS WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND DO ABLE, I FINISHED ALL 60 WITH LIKE 2 MINUTES TO SPARE. NUMERICAL WAS SO HARD, I HAD TO GUESS QUESTION 1!!

Mod Edit: Changed all-caps title to sentence case
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 07:18:20 pm by Bri MT »

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Re: Am I the only one who found numerical hard but maths, easy?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 09:56:16 am »
MATHS WAS STRAIGHT FORWARD AND DO ABLE, I FINISHED ALL 60 WITH LIKE 2 MINUTES TO SPARE. NUMERICAL WAS SO HARD, I HAD TO GUESS QUESTION 1!!
Wow u seem so tense, u might wanna calm down  :P  ;D. DW, I know how you feel, I had the exact same feeling when i did the JMSS exam. I had like 15 minutes to spare, (but I still checked my work in case the teachers present ask me what i am doing). I saw ur earlier posts and I can see that u have been doing pretty well in maths so far (honestly like doing cyclic quadrilaterals and like cubic functions is amazing! - That's year 10 maths). Like u I hate numerical reasoning as well, since i needed more time to evaluate what the question was asking. Overall, DW, in 6 days regardless of your score, you can relax in the sense that you will be much less anxious. I would suggest that you continue with your passion for maths. This might be asking for too much, but try doing like simple functions from a methods textbook, like truncus, or hyperbola. Afterall, you rlly seem like u enjoy maths, so that's all i can say  :P
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:30:54 pm by Bri MT »

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 10:20:21 am »
just imo, numerical could’ve been done in a matter of time. There were 30 questions on patterns that were easy to complete and were able to be completed in the time frame. Then there were about 20 worded problems which, I admit, did take up a lot of time. So I ended up guessing all of them. Math, on the other hand had a whole range of questions. I remember there being some short straight forward ones and then there were some long paragraphed ones. None of them imo were straight forward. But saying that, math isn’t my strongest lol.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:31:14 pm by Bri MT »

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 01:36:33 pm »
just imo, numerical could’ve been done in a matter of time. There were 30 questions on patterns that were easy to complete and were able to be completed in the time frame. Then there were about 20 worded problems which, I admit, did take up a lot of time. So I ended up guessing all of them. Math, on the other hand had a whole range of questions. I remember there being some short straight forward ones and then there were some long paragraphed ones. None of them imo were straight forward. But saying that, math isn’t my strongest lol.

But for MATHS JUST HAVE A GO BECAUSE THE PARAGRAPH QUESTIONS HAD IRRELEVANT INFORMATION IN THEM. AND NUMERICAL PATTERNS WERE SO HARD I REMEMBER ONE OF THEM EXACTKY BEING 0,5,5,7,?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:31:31 pm by Bri MT »

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 01:37:40 pm »
Chill man, it’s not the end of the world if u don’t get in. I’ve seen you rapidly posting about the exam so just don’t worry about it as u can’t change anything now. In regards to ur question, I found numerical like super easy but maths was “eh”. The real shit was the essay, I hated it heh, I much rather prefered persuasive
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:32:09 pm by Bri MT »

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 01:38:29 pm »
Wow u seem so tense, u might wanna calm down  :P  ;D. DW, I know how you feel, I had the exact same feeling when i did the JMSS exam. I had like 15 minutes to spare, (but I still checked my work in case the teachers present ask me what i am doing). I saw ur earlier posts and I can see that u have been doing pretty well in maths so far (honestly like doing cyclic quadrilaterals and like cubic functions is amazing! - That's year 10 maths). Like u I hate numerical reasoning as well, since i needed more time to evaluate what the question was asking. Overall, DW, in 6 days regardless of your score, you can relax in the sense that you will be much less anxious. I would suggest that you continue with your passion for maths. This might be asking for too much, but try doing like simple functions from a methods textbook, like truncus, or hyperbola. Afterall, you rlly seem like u enjoy maths, so that's all i can say  :P

Thanks, in 6 days ill get rejected because ill get a below average for numerical, having done like 10-15 questions
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:31:45 pm by Bri MT »

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 01:39:31 pm »
Chill man, it’s not the end of the world if u don’t get in. I’ve seen you rapidly posting about the exam so just don’t worry about it as u can’t change anything now. In regards to ur question, I found numerical like super easy but maths was “eh”. The real shit was the essay, I hated it heh, I much rather prefered persuasive

Lol im the complete opposite. I liked the topic and btw one of the patterns for numerical was 0,5,5,7,? What is it i still cant figure it out
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:32:32 pm by Bri MT »

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 01:41:43 pm »
Lol im the complete opposite. I liked the topic and btw one of the patterns for numerical was 0,5,5,7,? What is it i still cant figure it out
I can’t remember that question appearing but I’d do 12 as it’s plus 5, plus 0 then plus 2. then plus 5 again means 7 plus 5 is 12 lol. I doubt that question appeared tho, it’s too brief hehe
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:34:21 pm by Bri MT »

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 01:43:07 pm »
Oh yeh since u seem like really smart in maths, did u do the amc? If so, how’d u go?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:33:08 pm by Bri MT »

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 02:02:25 pm »
Oh yeh since u seem like really smart in maths, did u do the amc? If so, how’d u go?

Nah my school doesnt do amc. And if ur good at numerical u probably aced the amc
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:33:40 pm by Bri MT »

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2019, 02:55:22 pm »
Nah my school doesnt do amc. And if ur good at numerical u probably aced the amc
Yeh I hope I did, shat myself at the last 2 or so questions tho
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:34:40 pm by Bri MT »

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2019, 03:09:45 pm »

Awwww wait I just realised, are u SNIPERLife from YouTube????
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:35:13 pm by Bri MT »

m.yara184

• Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2019, 05:44:22 pm »
Awwww wait I just realised, are u SNIPERLife from YouTube????

Yeah r u No Name
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:35:33 pm by Bri MT »

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2019, 09:24:37 pm »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:36:13 pm by Bri MT »

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2019, 09:25:28 pm »
Oh hi! I did the AMC too this year, idk why but I found it ''easy-ish'', like the last 5 questions I actually got proper answers (but I bet they're wrong anyway!)
I think I'll do a lot better than last year, it seemed a lot more straightforward and the questions felt familiar. How about you?

P.S:  m.yara184, dude, I've told you like 20 times but I really think you'll get in, just know that literally 90% of people found numerical hard too and they didn't even have the advantage of doing all the maths questions properly like you. You'll be fine :)
Yeh It was okayish. What’d you get for the last question, do u remember? Also, what’d u get last year?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:36:58 pm by Bri MT »