Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:18:42 pm

Author Topic: Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School VS Melbourne High School  (Read 1456 times)  Share 

jackdo2019

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
I am currently in year 8 and have got into Melbourne high school for year 9 and have also got a 75% scholarship for year 9 at penleigh and essendon grammar school. I don't know where to go! which one is better? please help thanks!

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
Re: Penleigh and Essendon Grammar School VS Melbourne High School
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 06:39:05 pm »
+2
I am currently in year 8 and have got into Melbourne high school for year 9 and have also got a 75% scholarship for year 9 at penleigh and essendon grammar school. I don't know where to go! which one is better? please help thanks!

This really should be a decision you should be making with your parents.

I’ve heard that leaving PEGS you have to pay back a certain amount of money.
Both schools are absolutely amazing but personally you should regard the main two things:
-Travel times
-Financial costs

If I were in your situation, ngl I would probably stay at PEGS as you obviously have a 75% scholarship and the opportunities there are absolutely amazing, I’ve heard the teachers are great aswell.
Melbourne high on the other hand, is an amazing school with so many opportunities, it will be a great chance to meet new people and learn in a more competitive environment (even though PEGS is pretty competitive)
My cousin went to MHS and left after 6 months because he said:
“I came to MHS with my expectations held high, but the school was nothing near to what the hype was about”

But please don’t let me decide whether you want to move or not :)
gl on your decision!
- sippingtea
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 06:44:10 pm by sippingtea »

jackdo2019

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 06:44:27 pm »
This really should be a decision you should be making with your parents.

I’ve heard that leaving PEGS you have to pay back a certain amount of money.
Both schools are absolutely amazing but personally you should regard the main two things:
-Travel times
-Financial costs

If I were in your situation, ngl I would probably stay at PEGS as you obviously have a 75% scholarship and the opportunities there are absolutely amazing, I’ve heard the teachers are great aswell.
Melbourne high on the other hand, might have the reputation, but does it really live up to the hype?
My cousin went to MHS and left after 6 months because he said:
“I came to MHS with my expectations held high, but the school was nothing near to what the hype was about”

But please don’t let me decide whether you want to move or not :)
gl on your decision!
- sippingtea

Thank you so much!!! I have been searching for ages and you are the only one that has given me a clear outline of both schools! After hearing your thoughts my parents and I have decided to stay with PEGS. Thanks so much sippingtea!

sippingtea

• Trendsetter
  • yes, it’s true i suck at math
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 06:46:28 pm »
Thank you so much!!! I have been searching for ages and you are the only one that has given me a clear outline of both schools! After hearing your thoughts my parents and I have decided to stay with PEGS. Thanks so much sippingtea!
no problems! Glad to help :))