Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:09:11 am

Author Topic: Creative  (Read 1378 times)  Share 

emilyyyyyyy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Creative
« on: October 28, 2019, 09:51:40 am »
Hi guys,

For section one, is it okay to memorise a creative? I have one based around the French Revolution, but Im hoping to adapt it in some way.

And should I prepare a reflection too? So like i'd be preparing half of a creative + reflection?

hemlock

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Creative
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 11:20:18 am »
+1
Hi guys,

For section one, is it okay to memorise a creative? I have one based around the French Revolution, but Im hoping to adapt it in some way.

And should I prepare a reflection too? So like i'd be preparing half of a creative + reflection?

Hi emily,

I've memorised parts of creatives (like descriptions I love, settings) and about 3 characters/plot structures/beginnings but I haven't really memorised a whole creative. Considering how English Advanced went, they are going to deter students from writing memorised creatives and you will likely have to respond on the spot by continuing or challenging the literary world of unseen text(s). You can still use parts of your French Revolution creative, but you will be rewarded if you engage closely with the stimulus/write a good chunk on the spot. :)

For reflective components, I would just have some common literary devices you might use and then have a reflection accompanying it.