Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 10:15:36 pm

Author Topic: Is it worth studying three prescribed texts in-depth?  (Read 3257 times)  Share 

BakerDad12

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Is it worth studying three prescribed texts in-depth?
« on: August 30, 2020, 11:22:28 am »
Hi. Could we get a question asking us to discuss three prescribed texts? My understanding of my first prescribed text, Life on Mars, is not very thorough, although I could rectify this in the coming weeks. Even if I verse myself in it, I don't think I'd use it in a response - my only worry is whether they could ask us to respond with 3 prescribed texts for the elective section of the HSC exam. Are the chances of this happening so slim that it's not necessary for me to study Life on Mars in-depth, or should I be studying it just in case?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Is it worth studying three prescribed texts in-depth?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 10:24:43 pm »
+1
Hi. Could we get a question asking us to discuss three prescribed texts? My understanding of my first prescribed text, Life on Mars, is not very thorough, although I could rectify this in the coming weeks. Even if I verse myself in it, I don't think I'd use it in a response - my only worry is whether they could ask us to respond with 3 prescribed texts for the elective section of the HSC exam. Are the chances of this happening so slim that it's not necessary for me to study Life on Mars in-depth, or should I be studying it just in case?

Hey, BakerDad12!

It is extremely unlikely that they will ask you to write about 3 prescribed texts because I've never seen that happen before but it's not impossible. You could just have a theme and quotes/techniques as backup there in the event you do have to. Otherwise, I wouldn't go revising it intensely at this stage in the HSC; just have enough there for you to integrate it with the rest of your in-depth preparation for the other prescribed texts and related texts! Better safe than sorry!

Angelina  ;D

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music