Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:08:43 pm

Author Topic: Victorian Selective Entry Exam  (Read 24033 times)  Share 

• MOTM: July 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +158
Victorian Selective Entry Exam
« on: September 09, 2020, 12:18:37 pm »
+3
The current ammendments have been made on the exam;

Examination date is either 14th or 15th, applicants will be advised which date they are required to sit the exam.

Given the later examination dates, several adaptations have been made to the selection process to facilitate a shortened selection period that will give certainty to families and schools regarding offers. These include:

The creative writing subtest will be removed to reduce the required time to complete assessment.
There will be three rounds of offers with 48 hours available to accept or reject an offer in each round.

All offers made within the Principal’s Discretion process will be made directly at the same time as first round offers. No interviews will occur as part of this process.

There will be only one alternative exam day for students who are unwell. Applicants must complete the illness/misadventure form by 17 November. The alternative examination will occur on Tuesday 24 November. Please refer to the updated information pack -  https://www.education.vic.gov.au/Documents/parents/select-entry-information-pack_updated_September_2020.docx

Important dates:
Offers will be distributed from 14th - 22nd December 2020.
Examination results (superiors, above, high etc..) will be released on the 21st of December 2020.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 08:55:33 pm by 1729 »

runa123

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Selective Entry Casual Chat
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 12:19:40 pm »
Pretty self explanatory, just because I feel as if we are overfilling the recent posts board causing other posts not to be seen.
ok cool

• MOTM: July 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +158
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2020, 12:22:28 pm »
Continuing on with the conversation.
and sometimes they get things wrong, like they won't have a single right answer,
This week I knew I was right because it was a simple equation and they had no right answer so then I used a calculator and there was no right answer
Yeah thats true, and it also disrupts a lot of time because you are trying to wonder why you none of your answer match with any of the options.

Good luck on the exam and it is really infuriating with the typos. I'm applying for Suzanne Cory.
Good luck to you too, Suzanne Cory is my second preference.

Also guys, what campus do y'all go to?
I go to Braybrook, and been getting around 65-70 for reading, and 80-85 for the other components. How are you all going?

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2020, 12:28:29 pm »
When I first started I was so dumb and would get 60-70 average or even less.
"It's not about being nice, it's about doing the right thing."

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2020, 12:29:44 pm »
Continuing on with the conversation.Yeah thats true, and it also disrupts a lot of time because you are trying to wonder why you none of your answer match with any of the options.
Good luck to you too, Suzanne Cory is my second preference.

Also guys, what campus do y'all go to?
I go to Braybrook, and been getting around 65-70 for reading, and 80-85 for the other components. How are you all going?
I started JAC last year just wondering did you have to do a test to go to JAC, because I was the only person at my campus who had to do a test?
I've been getting 80-85 on reading and 75-85 for others

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2020, 12:31:22 pm »
I started JAC last year just wondering did you have to do a test to go to JAC, because I was the only person at my campus who had to do a test?
I've been getting 80-85 on reading and 75-85 for others

I started like 2 months ago and I didn't have to do a test. What campus do you go to?

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 12:37:44 pm »
I started like 2 months ago and I didn't have to do a test. What campus do you go to?
So you started late, I started quite early on when we were on volume 1

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 12:52:38 pm »
Same here, my school isn't competitive at all. I go to a school in Altona, only one applying.
I think I'm the only one applying from my school

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 12:54:08 pm »
If you are the only ones applying from your school, does it give you an advantage? I have about 5 applying from my school.

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2020, 12:59:17 pm »
If you are the only ones applying from your school, does it give you an advantage? I have about 5 applying from my school.
It depends on how many people go to your school

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2020, 01:00:43 pm »
Just 5% of your year level is given entry

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 01:04:32 pm »

I’m not really sure, there’s only 2 people including me applying from my school. I think it’s harder to get in if you’re from a competitive school and a lot of people r doing the test because of the 5% rule where only 5% of your cohort can be accepted, so even if you get 5 superiors, if nearly everyone in your cohort received 5 superiors as well and had higher marks then it would be hard to get accepted. While fo you go to a non competing school and only 2 people are applying you can get in with say 3 superiors. That’s what I heard but I’m not 100% sure.

Alomoac

• Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2020, 01:56:36 pm »
There's like a total of 400 students in my Year 8 cohort.

runa123

• Forum Regular
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2020, 02:43:54 pm »
It's fine then

Meg210706

• Forum Regular
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 02:53:41 pm »
Then that would mean 20 students would be able to get an offer from your school I think.