Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:37:46 pm

Author Topic: 2020 SELECTIVE EXAM RESULTS  (Read 13862 times)  Share 

JZou276

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: 2020 SELECTIVE EXAM RESULTS
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2020, 05:04:44 pm »
I know that. I can try again next year because my sport and music is very strong. I’ll probably also try jmss cause the school is really close to where I am

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2020, 05:10:31 pm »
+5
A friendly reminder that respect to each other is in the forum rules. Please respect each other, otherwise further moderator action will occur.
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

prisud

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2020, 03:39:48 pm »
5% rule only kicks in after the cutoff point. I got a first round offer with that
I know that. I can try again next year because my sport and music is very strong. I’ll probably also try jmss cause the school is really close to where I am
which school are you from?

JZou276

• Trailblazer
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2020, 04:41:03 pm »
Glenny, Glen Waverley Secondary

Dr_Enigma

• Adventurer
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2020, 07:15:40 am »
my friend got 2 sups and 2 above averages and got in schs so it might be the 5% rule at ur school

prisud

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2020, 08:46:41 am »
Glenny, Glen Waverley Secondary
Thank you for letting me know. my son is GWSC too. no wonder he hasn't received a offer too ! it doesn't matter. The report says your hard work. You guys are in a great school already. So don't lose heart.  Good luck.

JZou276

• Trailblazer
« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2020, 09:46:05 am »
Yeah there’s always next year.

ThatsCap

• Trailblazer
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2021, 07:13:00 pm »
+2
Damn, I thought my school was uncompetitive but around 40 kids tried out. Cohort is like 120 kids. I got two superiors (reading and verbal) 1 above average (maths) and a high average (numerical reasoning) and missed out on Suzanne Cory high school. I didn’t do any tutoring which wouldn’t of helped much either because a very big aspect of these exams were guessing, particularly in maths and numerical reasoning. For maths I’d recommend you to completely memorise the year 9 and kinda 10 curriculum. I didn’t expect maths to have logs, circle theorems and functions but here we are.... Numerical, be sure to revise lengthy worded problems as they’re are quite a few of those. Believe me or not luck accounts for 40% or more of this exam and especially because there were were only multiple choice questions and everyone I talked too guessed *majorly* on the numerical and maths even going to guessing 20-30 questions on each and a fair share going ahead and getting superiors in those. Don’t  worry if you think you bombed the exam because I was expecting a below average on maths and ended up getting a decent above average which is honestly better than I expected. Goes to show that guessing goes a long way that or either everyone did terrible and I got scaled up lol. Verbal reasoning and reading comprehension were far too easy giving people who were better in maths and numerical a major opportunity to stand out from the pack which some may argue is unfair. (By some people I mean people who are good at English) At least I got a chance for John Monash.... let’s see hw this one goes.....