Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:36:58 am

Poll

In Your Opinon, Which Tuition Is Most Helpful And Would You Recommend For The Selective School Test?

Hendersons
JAC
Edu Kingdom
Spectrum
New Century School
Nothing, you don't need tuitions

Author Topic: What Tuitions Are Good For the Selective Entry Test?  (Read 19196 times)  Share 

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Re: What Tuitions Are Good For the Selective Entry Test?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2021, 03:27:45 pm »
+1
James An is an ok option I guess. Got me into MHS though the program more so got me into the mindset of studying hard. I Heard Henderson's is pretty good but it's very expensive apparently.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

Aligator1000

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2021, 06:45:20 pm »
hi can someone tell me what books you should read to help prepare for the selective entry 2022 test

procrastinator101

• Adventurer
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2021, 07:57:30 pm »
Hiiii,
So, im preparing for the selective schools test and trying for entry into 2022.
I was wondering what tuitions i should go to.
A lot of people are saying you don't even need tuitions and others are recommending JAC, Hendersons or Edu Kingdom.
Would anyone who has done the test be able to recommend some tuitons?
I'm thinking of going to Hendersons but it's like really expensive and i don't want my parents to spend all that money when i may not even get in. Also, i do have some of the Hendersons material from my older sibling who went when they were younger. The material is quite good. Is Hendersons worth going to if you already have the material?
Would really appreciate any help!!
Please share your throughts and experiencessss x

hii! so i went to James Ann Epping last year, i didn't get into a selective school but most of my classmates did! I guess in JAC it all really depends on how much you are motivated, because if not, it's kinda just extra work laying on the side. But the tests and workbooks JAC give you are pretty good and i had a really good Maths teacher last year, but i think he teaches at Craigieburn now. Also they do really good revision lessons and your results are documented so you know what to improve on! The teachers i had at JAC helped me with certain topics i didn't know much about, I'm not sure about other centers tho.  I also know a few people who went to Edu kingdom and got into MHS and Macrob. But i've never experienced going there. Tried Spectrum too and it was a great experience but i stopped going because the times of their classes weren't working for me. Online tests are also way easier compared to the real test so i would recommend not buying them. Good Luck !

procrastinator101

• Adventurer
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2021, 08:04:23 pm »
hi can someone tell me what books you should read to help prepare for the selective entry 2022 test

I remember reading somewhere that to extend your vocab you should read the Harry Potter series, the Divergent series, and the Percy Jackson series. These are just for Verbal Reasoning though i think. Also i'm sure these will help with creative writing but not sure if you guys have writing this year?

JZou276

• Trailblazer
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2021, 08:10:30 pm »
tbh at this time, i think it's quite late to start reading books for the vocab considering the test will be in one or two months. I think what you should do is study root words. I know it's a pain but it makes it quite easy to understand harder words better instead of not knowing them at all in the exam.

If you don't want to do that you can use vocabulary.com. If you are currently doing a tuition write down every word you don't know in your test and review them.

rchau

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 03:01:28 am »
I am wondering if some could could help me with some study material from Hendersons to practice for selective school exams. Really appreciate.

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 02:20:00 pm »
I am wondering if some could could help me with some study material from Hendersons to practice for selective school exams. Really appreciate.

As in, do you need material? Or do you have the material but need help? If you need it, then I guess you'll have to buy it, but if you need help, you're more than welcome to ask  :D.

starjasmine

• Adventurer
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2021, 01:51:05 am »
Hello!
I created this post earlier this year during my preparation for the selective exam.
I ended up getting into Macrob and thought I might share what tuitions I attended and some tips for anybody doing the test in the future :)
I began by doing Henderson's workshop material which I had from my elder sibling. The Hendersons maths was not really worth it in my opinion as I had to learn a lot of extra content. The Numerical was pretty good as it had quite a lot of practice questions.
I also ended up doing quite a lot of practice tests from Hendersons- the math and numerical were not very accurate to what was in the final exam but the verbal and reading comp tests were pretty accurate and were great practice.
I then joined JAC and attended for a few months. The JAC maths was pretty good and similar to the final exam although the tests were pretty difficult. For NR, just like maths, pretty similar to the real deal. I will say though, their verbal is pretty easy and their reading comp is similar to Hendersons.
Other than this, I was privately tutored and did lots of math practice from a year 9 textbook. I would recommend checking out Jayce's selective exam guide as it helped me make sure I knew everything I needed to before going to the exam.
But yeah that's pretty much it and I hope this helped :))

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2022, 04:18:38 pm »
+1
WOAH GOOD JOB   :D

Marin Kitagawa

• Adventurer
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2022, 10:24:44 pm »
yeah they are pretty decent