Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:48:43 pm

Author Topic: Year 10 Entry To Melbourne High School  (Read 3445 times)  Share 

mystic_dragon123

• Adventurer
  • Year 9
  • Respect: 0
Year 10 Entry To Melbourne High School
« on: March 26, 2021, 08:39:43 am »
+1
Good afternoon/morning to whomever is reading this,

I'm in year 9 right now and applying for Melbourne High School (year 10 entry) this year. I already did the exam last year for year 9 entry, but unfortunately did not get a place, my final outcome was 1 superior and 3 above averages. Despite getting rejected, I want to go at it again, however, I've noticed that the format for year 10 entry is very different as opposed to the year 9 entry one, where only the test is taken into consideration.

Basically, I would like someone to give me some advice on how I should start preparing/learning for the MHS year 10 entry exam. Will the test be similar to last year's? How can I write up a good application, any tips? What "achievements" do they look for?

Thanks.
{Methods, Chemistry, Biology, English, French}

zZVoid

• Fresh Poster
Re: Year 10 Entry To Melbourne High School
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 08:09:35 pm »
+1
Good afternoon/morning to whomever is reading this,

I'm in year 9 right now and applying for Melbourne High School (year 10 entry) this year. I already did the exam last year for year 9 entry, but unfortunately did not get a place, my final outcome was 1 superior and 3 above averages. Despite getting rejected, I want to go at it again, however, I've noticed that the format for year 10 entry is very different as opposed to the year 9 entry one, where only the test is taken into consideration.

Basically, I would like someone to give me some advice on how I should start preparing/learning for the MHS year 10 entry exam. Will the test be similar to last year's? How can I write up a good application, any tips? What "achievements" do they look for?

Thanks.
Did u get in?

ureba

• Trendsetter
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 09:03:00 pm »
Hello!

I am also trying out for a year 10 position in Macrob since I failed the Year 9 test. From the tips that I've read, I think that the exam is pretty similar to the year 9 one.

They want to select a student who is well-rounded and who not only focuses on studying but is also social and participates in many co-curricular activities. Activities such as sports, playing an instrument, debating, volunteering, etc are very helpful.

I believe that they also look at your year 8 and/or 9 progress reports.

My advice would be to start focusing more on school in year 9 since you kind of already prepared for the test last year. Try and participate in many co-curricular activities and stuff that might make you a more talented student.

More information and tips are also available on the MHS website.

Good Luck!

peterparkerrbu

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 03:32:03 pm »
Your article is awesome.  It is exactly what I was looking for